Some kids borrowin their momma's car.. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2006, 04:25 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Some kids borrowin their momma's car..

05ish pontiac GTP or whatever. I've driven them, they are fast. I knew I wasn't going to win but they were antsy to race.

Light turned green.. we hit the go pedal and he got about a carlength ahead... and by the time we hit 60 we had both let off...

I shoulda powerbraked and built some boost for a better launch but i wasn't thinking lol!!! He beat me off the line right away and stayed about a car ahead the whole time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2006, 04:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
when ou both let off thats when you pull up beside them and fill there eardrums full of soot.:burnout
Old 07-01-2006, 08:58 AM
International Threat

Well... I can't yet... stock programming right now... and once I get my chip they will be behind me
Old 07-02-2006, 05:42 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintain
once I get my chip they will be behind me
THAT you can count on!
Old 07-02-2006, 11:04 AM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
I had a race with one of those to several weeks back in my dodge. He kept hanging with me, obviously had seen me getting on it a few times and I realized he wanted to see what I had. From about a 35 mph roll I downshifted and he heard the downshift and took off and got ahead by about a car. My turbo kicked in and I caught him pretty quick, eventually beating him by a little less than two cars...er, trucks. We back off around 85 or 90. I can't stand those stinkin' gtp's....
Old 07-02-2006, 07:34 PM
International Threat

hey 99 stroker

Was your 7.3 a manual? IF not, is your new dodge (back when it was stock) faster then your ford (when it was stock)? What about after the chip/intake/exhaust.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
My stroker was an automatic. I ran my stroker a lot on the TS chip stock setting a lot before I sold it to avoid any possible risk of the extra power breaking or burnin somethin up right before a sale. When it was stock, it was pretty slow. It wouldn't even downshift to second when I hammered it from a roll, it'd just stay in third and poop along and the turbo wasn't as loud or didn't get as loud as quick. My new dodge did feel quicker stock vs. my stock ford but not by a decent margin. After chips I would say by feel that the margin would be less, but my dodge still feels faster. In my stroker I ran my buddy in his 04 Ranger with 4.6l manual and I could get him by about a truck or so up to 70. I never ran my stroker in the 1/4 but he ran his ranger and got a 16.3 or 5.....something like that...the best I got so far in my dodge was a 15.7, which was in "performance" mode on my chip. I was also still getting used to the clutch, and the dodge lift pump doesn't give me the fuel I want for hard launches....so I lose power bigtime as the fuel rail runs dry at the top of 2nd right when i'm shifting into 3rd. I know how to shift it a lot quicker now, as well as slipping the clutch to build boost and launching in 4wd...plus I have an "extreme" setting on my chip to go up to, but it's not reccommended on a stock clutch which I still have. I estimate as long as the clutch did hold, I got a good launch and stepped up to the extreme setting I could probably run a low 15. I'm looking at clutches and aftermarket lift pumps for next mods. I guess I gave you a large answer to a small question but anywho....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.