4 Strokers, 1 Cummins, and almost 2 Duramax's - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 01:59 PM
CSP Resident Spooby

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
4 Strokers, 1 Cummins, and almost 2 Duramax's

So this past Saturday night, a couple of my buddies talked me into going cruising in old town, which I haven't done a whole helluva lot since high school, but we were bored so I figured what the heck. Well, for once, there was quite a few diesel trucks up there. None of these kills were like me absolutely wasting the other truck, but the old girl still did me proud

Truck 1: 99-03 7.3 automatic, had at least a chip and exhaust. Guys pulled up next to me at the next light and says, "I gotta ask, what's done to that thing??" He was pretty surprised when I told him I was running a stock HPOP, turbo, and stock reman tranny

Truck 2: 94.5-97 7.3 CC flatbed. Had 5" exhuast and a chip at least. This truck was a 5 speed btw. I had him pretty good, but it may have been closer if it was an auto.

Truck 3: Another 94.5-97 CCLB, auto. This was a fairly close one. We went from about 20 to 50 and I just had the edge on him a little bit. Had a chip, and probably injectors judging by the speed. This truck was lifted on probably 6" and 35's at least.

Truck 4: 99-03 7.3 auto. I thought I was gonna get smoked by this guy, I could see gauges on the pillar and he had big ATS stickers on both sides of the truck. We went both neck and neck, but my truck actually held it's own to him!

Truck 5: Old 80's/90's bricknose F250 with a 12 valve in it, 5 speed. It was a sweet truck, and honestly if was an auto he probably would have had me. But the shifting kept him just behind me

As for the two Duramax's, I never did get a chance to line up with them, but I think I could have taken them. One (according to my buddy, he said he knew the kid) was an early 2000's with just a chip. The other one I'm guessing was a 03-05, but I'm not sure. We almost went at it twice, but both times we would launch off the line and then he would let off about 20 feet later.

All in all it was a fun night and the old girl did me proud. I try to avoid cruising very often though, because it's hard on the truck, hard on my wallet, and of course, always runs the risk of a nice ticket

Oh yeah, this was all at around 12am, so the streets were practically deserted. I never would race anyone on busy streets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

congrats !!!
Old 01-16-2012, 07:58 PM

dude i cruise college all the time!!! i kinda know the kid with the fummins, he spanked me too saturday night lol glad to see theres another org member who goes out and cruises!
Old 01-17-2012, 01:15 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If the 03-05 dmax was stock you'd probably take him. I dont know how those years do with mods. I know when my fiances brother tried to race me in his dmax he was surprised when i pulled on him without my chip. Chevy kills have to be the best because it always seems like chevy drivers think they will whoop you then end up letting off when you pull. nice kills!
Old 01-17-2012, 07:55 AM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
good ones, i was thinking it would have been a dodge by the title, your killing mostly fords here lol, and those guys with chevy's never wanna actually run their trucks, they keep talking about how great it is, but cant seem to put their money where their mouth is
Old 01-24-2012, 01:16 PM
CSP Resident Spooby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red '97 View Post
dude i cruise college all the time!!! i kinda know the kid with the fummins, he spanked me too saturday night lol glad to see theres another org member who goes out and cruises!
Really? Were you out there that night? I only go occasionally, too much to lose if I were to get a ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentexcoalroller View Post
If the 03-05 dmax was stock you'd probably take him. I dont know how those years do with mods. I know when my fiances brother tried to race me in his dmax he was surprised when i pulled on him without my chip. Chevy kills have to be the best because it always seems like chevy drivers think they will whoop you then end up letting off when you pull. nice kills!
That's what it seems like I was hoping for more of a fight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fifty View Post
good ones, i was thinking it would have been a dodge by the title, your killing mostly fords here lol, and those guys with chevy's never wanna actually run their trucks, they keep talking about how great it is, but cant seem to put their money where their mouth is
Yeah I know, but like 75% of the trucks up there that night were Fords, so I took what I could get I didn't really see the duramax's line up with anybody that night, they kept acting like they wanted to but nothing ever happened.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:22 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Good job on those kills!!!
Old 01-24-2012, 08:29 PM

ya man there will be times when im out every week and then a surge of high school poorness hits and im stuck at home haha. that night i was out but only for a little bit, probably before you were. i remember the first time i raced that fummins i spanked him bad a month or so ago. figured i could do it again that night but he had a lot more stuff done haha. we should meet up out there next time you go out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.