Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Owned infiniti's 350z look a like...

2K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  06TWO50Diesel 
#1 ·
I come on cruise control going down rt 40 on my way home about 15 minutes ago about 4 over the speed limit. I pass this guy on this 2 lane hwy and next thing I know is zeeeeeeerrmmmmm (that's the sound they make lol) and I'm like man if we catch a red light it's on like donkey kong! From a roll I knew I didn't stand a chance.

Low and behold, we catch a red light, I put my window down and motion like "wanna go?" and he LAUGHS AT ME and says "RIGHT" and starts revving it up.

4x4 kicks in, I'm at 12 psi when the light turns green and I let the hammer drop, I jump out initially and get a fender on him, my truck flawlessly nails second gear (for once) and pulls to where he's even with my bed - by this time we're at almost 60mph and it's a 55 mph zone so I let out - and of course he continues on up till about 80...

No doubt, we get another red light about a quarter mile later... but I'm still catching up and don't even get a chance to build boost but it's still in 4x4. I look over and he doesn't even look up at me, in fact - he had put his window up LOL. This time the speed limit is 45 and I race him up until 50 and let out... he never got past my driver side door. I know anything beyond this and he would have walked away, but who cares, the speed limit is still the same through there LOL.

I was astonished and SOOOOOOO full of joy b/c I fixed my code this weekend, my trucks' running great, and I sure put some dude who THOUGHT he had something wicked... in his place by a 7000+ lb truck. haha.

See less See more
#2 ·
Good job man...gotta show people wher they belong, and its behind a PSD lol.

#4 ·
Oh, it'll be even faster verrrrry soon!

DP Tuner 120 race isn't even on the truck yet - that's 2/10ths and the tranny isn't either - there's at least another 1/10th or 2/10th's from that as well...

I should be 14.8ish within the next 45 days.

#5 ·
HAHA - WTG man!! I know those nissan/infinity boys would talk some major ish about this thread :D (I'm on maxima.org) - but I don't think they realize what potential these trucks have! Great job man!

#7 ·
Congrats Marty... good kill, and glad to hear you got the truck working the way you like it to again!!!

#8 · (Edited)
Your sig says 15.2@88mph. No offense, but something smells fishy....

A NISSAN 350z will run mid to low 14s all day long, and with a good driver with good traction will have no issues breakin into the 13s...

#9 ·
no offense but something doesnt add up here...your sig says 15.2@88mph.

A NISSAN 350z will run mid to low 14s all day long, and with a good driver with good traction will have no issues breakin into the 13s...

I think that may be the key to it all.... :cool:

#10 ·
Awesome kill!!!!

Come down here and race me in my girlfriends 350z its bone stock but I know how to drive and I have had it in the mid 13's :D

#11 ·
GREAT KILL man!

Those Nissan 3.5L motors are NO JOKE man! 280hp in a LITTLE car! My little brother has an Infiinti, and when it is in the shop he gets a G35 4dr for a loaner, and those things ROCK! Especially after you find the traction control button!

#16 ·
Well yeh, just finally got the code off - which had me running 16.8.

I'm cuttin sub 2.0's and I doubt that infiniti is... that's why I prayed for a red light... on a running start he's got a huge advantage and I knew it... the guy had no idea I was gonna blow him away off the line though. It's ok... after oil and the tranny I'll be running right with him beyond 50mph...

#15 ·
I had ur back Marty! :thumb: See ya in NC!

#17 ·
nice job. remember i was telling about the bmw i raced marty? it was a twin turbo awd 425i, his friend contacted me on myspace. supposedly THE fastest in the country? running a low 11. i launched at 20 psi and it was fairly even till about 50 then he slaughtered me :rolleyes: but still! 0-50,60,70 is a whole nother story than 1/4 mile.

#19 ·
Marty most people just dont know what 7000lbs+4wd+boost= .. lol They think its slow and true it maybe, but we sure can rip there ***'s when it comes to a 0-50,60. I ran a Dodge R/T that was built from a stop once, making in the 400hp range. I launched on him and let out at about the 60-100 foot mark,(God knows he would slap me around with ease). But that launch in 4wd is where the love is.. He was freeking. and asked what kinda power i was making I told him its mostly stock. well i got called a lier LOL

#20 ·
I was talkin to a buddy of mine who has a 350z (it's modded now) but he said when it was stock he could never do better then a 2.2 60' which is between 2 and 3 tenths slower then my launch. His 1/8th mile times were only 2 or 3 tenths faster then mine, in the mid to low 9's. Beyond that though he said his best time was 14.17x.. but he averaged around 14.3-14.4.

With a boosted launch and a quicker response to the light - looks like in the 1/8th mile I've got em.

#21 ·
This is a BEST site for vehicle specs like this.

Nissan 350z

As of 2003 they were doing he 1/4 mile in 13.9. This has changed due to HP increase I am sure. The newer ones do not have 1/4 mile times, but they have 17 more hp, up to 300hp up from 287. Hope this helps that debates.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.