01 7.3L vs late early 80's Monte Carlo - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
01 7.3L vs late early 80's Monte Carlo

Last weekend I was headed home on the interstate. I was in a 30 mile or so stretch of nothing on the highway running about 80 and went past an early 80's model Monte Carlo. It was at night but it had 24 or 22 inch wheels and a flow master sticker on the back glass with a flashy paint job. Other than the assumed Flow Master, I have no idea the mods.

I was probably going 5-10 MPH faster than him and the knucklehead speeds up as soon as I get beside him so now I can't get back over in the right lane. I really didn't want to slow down because I was making great time so i kicked it up to 90ish hoping he'd get tired of the higher speed and trail off...Nope. I kicked it up and so did he...so I let him have the black coal. I didn't run away from him but I pulled away. There was a semi in my lane coming up pretty quick at this point and I had room so I got over. I coasted back down and the guy started riding my butt. He flew around me as we passed the semi.

I set the resume on my cruise control and about a mile and a half later I went back around him. He did it again so I immediately gave it to him. I watched the speed-o past 90 and was pulling pretty good.

I'm watching cars better than a mile ahead of me and I'm seeing brake lights. So I start to coast back down from well over 100MPH when I see the blue lights go on ahead of me. Ever had the heart skip a beat, empty feeling in the pit of your stomach feeling? Dude in the Monte Carlo put the brakes on quick. I figured I was had either way so I just let it keep coasting down and went by the deputy watching him pull out behind us.

I got over fully wondering if I was going to jail and contemplating calling my Fiance to have her on stand-by to get me out, if they'd let me out.

The deputy went by both of us and pulled in behind another deputy that had someone pulled over down the road a bit.

I know better than to race on the highways. I shouldn't have done it. I haven't done it in years and bit off one time and got scared out of doing it again. I sure hope I remember that little situation before I jump on someone else.

But...I did feel good knowing my 7000+ pound truck got a kill. Too bad I didn't have the chip on high performance...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I know the feeling you get when the flashing blue lights come on all to well. Its a horrible feeling, but the feeling you get when you realize they aren't after you is hard to beat. Glad you got a kill.

Here in Atlanta (Where the playa's play) there are sh*tloads of those old Monte Carlo's and Impala's w/ the 22-24's and weird paint. They are slow and fun to blow by on the highway. We have a lot of 80's model 2wd trucks w/ rims that think they're fast, they too are fun to waste on the road.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hell I have a 2wd truck with rims, I still think its fast, I get smoked daily on it. But its fun to get smoked by something you know is out of your league rather than a civic that is stock
Old 12-12-2011, 06:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

I would venture to say that your truck isn't quite what I'm talking about. I like the 80's bodystyle chevy's. Hell, I used to have a 69' Cheyenne with 10" of lift, 37's and a built 383. The truck was primed and had plenty of "issues", but I thought it was awesome. Not knocking the old trucks at all, but you should see what some of the homies in the city do to them.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yeah, I wasn't too far away from Atlanta on that trip "home." I've seen plenty of those vehicles. Too each there own, it's just not my choice.

I'm all about modifying a vehicle to your personal tastes but some of the things I see just look goofy to me.

I just wasn't going to say when and where I was: plausible deny-ability
Old 12-14-2011, 11:43 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I live about 30 miles ouside of new orleans and i see alot of that old car super big rim crap, some of those stupid cars sit higher than my truck lol
Old 12-15-2011, 10:16 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Bet it was kennesaw or marrietta lol
Old 12-16-2011, 04:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fifty View Post
Bet it was kennesaw or marrietta lol
Naw, I'd bet it was College Park or Campbellton.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.