2004 6.0 vs 2010 GMC Z71 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 09:25 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2004 6.0 vs 2010 GMC Z71

Hello, New to forum so haven't any pics of truck. Resently bought this being my first diesel truck. I have done some mods (egr delete,studded,exhaust,and big tune from gearheads)and now have gotten bitten by diesel bug. I was driving home from work at about 3:00am down the freeway, just after I loaded the extreme srl+ from Matt@gearheads. Was using srl+ before new download. I got off one of the exits and back on ramp, stopped the truck, and struck it in 4 wheel high to test the tune. Nailed it to floor with no boost build and truck spun all 4 wheels (37's,6" lift, stock gears) as I was hanging on and truck took off like a rocket I saw a GMC Z71 1500 ext cab go by down the freeway, must have been doing 80 mph or more, since it was just after I got traction by the time I hit the end of on ramp I was doing over 90, and about 10 lenghts and gaining on behide the GMC. I noticed the GMC slowed up since I was gaining much faster, so I slowed up to 70 and came up next to him within 100 yards or so. When I got right next to him the roared this straight pipes a few times and nailed it. I nailed it all the way down, truck down shifted and took off about 1 lenght up in front and started to leave the poor GMC pulling about two lenghts per second untill I was about 500 yards ahead and somewhere 125ish. Slowed down and got off my exit, and stopped at red light to make left. As I was waiting the GMC pulled up next to me to make right and wouldn't even look over at me, sore loser...........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nice! I love seeing these guys who have put thousands of dollars into their gassers getting slaughtered by diesels. Nice kill!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.