first official kill 05 cummins - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 08-01-2007, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: jersey
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question first official kill 05 cummins

well my buddy calls me yesterday and says his buddy from work wants to show me what a real truck can do (05 thunder road quad cab sb 4x4) his mods bully dog triple dog programmer w/crazy larry tune and hot unlock code.

me 2005 f250 sc sb 4x4 6.0 w/dj's looney tune file on the sct xcal2.oh and zoodad mod, and cant forget my powerstroke.org sticker on the back window

so back to the story.my buddy says "you gotta run this dude hes saying your powerjoke has nothing on the cummins. i tolds him name the place its on.well
end results i got the jump both times by a truck length and at the end of the runway (old air strip) i had three the first time and five or six the second and the second time i got sideways a little in 4wheel high off the line.

guess those common rails aint so mean afterall :burnout
420fitter is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 Old 08-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ponca City, Okla
Posts: 1,089
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
AWESOME!!! Great Kill man! Looks like you had yourself some fun!
Blue01F250 is offline  
post #3 of 22 Old 08-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
FIRE911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hurley, WI
Posts: 377
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420fitter View Post
well my buddy calls me yesterday and says his buddy from work wants to show me what a real truck can do (05 thunder road quad cab sb 4x4) his mods bully dog triple dog programmer w/crazy larry tune and hot unlock code.

me 2005 f250 sc sb 4x4 6.0 w/dj's looney tune file on the sct xcal2.oh and zoodad mod, and cant forget my powerstroke.org sticker on the back window

so back to the story.my buddy says "you gotta run this dude hes saying your powerjoke has nothing on the cummins. i tolds him name the place its on.well
end results i got the jump both times by a truck length and at the end of the runway (old air strip) i had three the first time and five or six the second and the second time i got sideways a little in 4wheel high off the line.

guess those common rails aint so mean afterall :burnout
Good kill man! Not to start a war or anything but bullydogs tunes arnt that great. It would of been more interesting if he had a Smarty or a TST MAXCR. I'm not saying you would lose if he had any of these programmers but it would of made a closer race.
FIRE911 is offline  
post #4 of 22 Old 08-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
FIRE911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hurley, WI
Posts: 377
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE911 View Post
Good kill man! Not to start a war or anything but bullydogs tunes arnt that great. It would of been more interesting if he had a Smarty or a TST MAXCR. I'm not saying you would lose if he had any of these programmers but it would of made a closer race.

I didnt mean tunes I meant Bully Dogs programmers, I been around you 6.0 PSD SCT people too long enough.
FIRE911 is offline  
post #5 of 22 Old 08-01-2007, 07:53 PM
Dieselis' Maximus
 
driximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Auburn, Wa
Posts: 1,057
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
WHOOT!!! LOL that should make him and his Mighty cummins a little less arogant LOL

"Why in hell can't the Army do it if
the Marines can. They are the same
kind of men; why can't they be like
Marines."
Gen. John J "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February
1918
driximus is offline  
post #6 of 22 Old 08-01-2007, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: jersey
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
no war here my garage queen is an 06 charger r/t w/22inch helo fellons and flowmaster exhaust only thing its missing is boost and lots of black smoke.
420fitter is offline  
post #7 of 22 Old 08-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Don't mind me



 
westcoaststrokin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Silverdale, WA
Posts: 27,591
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thanks: 6
Thanked 21 Times in 16 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
Great Kill!!

Josh

04 F350 CC SB DRW IT HAS SOME STUFF

"Idiopathic, from the Latin meaning we're idiots cause we can't figure out what's causing it." House M.D.
westcoaststrokin is offline  
post #8 of 22 Old 08-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
tonka6.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: waxahachie, texas
Posts: 235
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Good kill bud! Ive got one here in my hometown with the same progams that wants to run me. I will smoke his arse wont i? I know i will!! LOL!

2005 Amarillo F-250 Super Crew FX4
-4in. Pro Comp Lift
-20in. KMC Rockstars
-35in. Nitto Mud Grapplers
-4 in. exhaust w/delete-5in. tip,
-SCT w/Economy, Street, & Looney tunes
-ISSPRO Tranny & Pyro Gauges on Pillar
-Zoodad Mod
-Chrome package incl. door handles
-Billet Grille Inserts
-Black Diamond Plate Toolbox
-Line-X Bedliner
-Tomtom GPS
tonka6.0 is offline  
post #9 of 22 Old 08-01-2007, 08:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
99Smokin73Stroker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Greenwood, Indiana (Indianapolis)
Posts: 7,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420fitter View Post
guess those common rails aint so mean afterall :burnout
Well, actually....they are. Try 1130+ hp mean! What's a 6.0 topped out at?

An 05 with the mods he had can run if he has the mods to support it, such as a TC and VB, and probably a charger upgrade to keep it cool. It'd be much more of a coin flip then, likely in favor of the Dodge. Crazy Larry with hot unlock is as aggressive as a smarty or tst. Probably dumps quite a bit of smoke too.

2005 F350 XLT FX4. 2.5" leveling kit, 03 turbo, 4" MBRP Turbo-back, 58v FICM, SCT X4, Irate Diesel coolant filter
99Smokin73Stroker is offline  
post #10 of 22 Old 08-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
FIRE911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hurley, WI
Posts: 377
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Smokin73Stroker View Post
Well, actually....they are. Try 1130+ hp mean! What's a 6.0 topped out at?

An 05 with the mods he had can run if he has the mods to support it, such as a TC and VB, and probably a charger upgrade to keep it cool. It'd be much more of a coin flip then, likely in favor of the Dodge. Crazy Larry with hot unlock is as aggressive as a smarty or tst. Probably dumps quite a bit of smoke too.
Not really. Even people that ran their Bully Dog with the HOT UNLOCK file said the smarty beats it hands down thats coming from people who tow and race with the smarty it is more of a low end programmer. TST MAXCR is a wonderful programmer for top end but like most of the big HP/TQ programmers for the CR cummins they need the supporting mods to really wake them up then like smokin said "It would be a coin toss.". Remember I signed a treaty NO WAR!:nono:
FIRE911 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome