'03 6.0 vs '96 12v - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 05:04 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
'03 6.0 vs '96 12v

what do you guys think- my good friend has an 03 6.0, 2wd, auto trans straight pipe, intake, programmer to come soon.(along with head studs n other such 6.0 precautionary measures) we have a friend with a 96 12v cummins who thinks its the fastest truck in town. its got a 4" mbrp, intake, 0 fuel plate, 90horse injectors and nothing done to the fuel system. its a manual too. a showdown is in the near future, and i dont think this dodge is as fast as he is claiming. i think that with a decent programmer/tunes the psd will take it, maybee give a run for its money without the programmer. tell me what you folks think
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2011, 05:28 PM
'Merica

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
should be able to take it. is he 4wd? if so he will have you off the line.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:52 PM

yeah the cummins is 4wd, but its definitley heavier
Old 04-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

the 6.0 will slaughter a freakin 12 valve
Old 04-09-2011, 03:29 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdog0531 View Post
the 6.0 will slaughter a freakin 12 valve
My next door neighbor has 97 12v with 0 fuel plate, injectors and exhaust. I destroyed that truck with my tow tune. We don't even want to mention what happened with the X-Race file
Old 04-09-2011, 06:21 PM

heck yeah man! ive ben doubting the speed of 12 valves, i just hate how 12v owners think that just because their truck is big, loud, and smoky, then they think its fast.
whenever our little dodge buddy decides to step up to the plate i will relay the details
Old 04-09-2011, 06:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Im a ford truck guy all the way because of how well they are built. But that said the twelve valve is a far superior engine to the 6.0. the only thing that 6.0 can do is beat the 12 valve off the line. And it will not beat it off the line if the heads blow or the EGR fails or it over heats or ect,ect. If you ever get a chance to drive or work on that 12 valve you will have to respect it.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Bennett View Post
Im a ford truck guy all the way because of how well they are built. But that said the twelve valve is a far superior engine to the 6.0. the only thing that 6.0 can do is beat the 12 valve off the line. And it will not beat it off the line if the heads blow or the EGR fails or it over heats or ect,ect. If you ever get a chance to drive or work on that 12 valve you will have to respect it.
A 12v is a good engine, don't think it was mentioned that it wasn't. However, a 12v with the mods he has won't come close to running with a 6.0
Old 04-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

It wont run with the 6.0 and also its a manual and diesel mans have a long throw he might maybe keep up motor to motor that is a big might but there is no way he can shift as fast. Takes to long i dont care how fast he is that 6.0 will out shift him. As long as the 6.0 dont blow up the 12v dont have a chance. I raced my buddies 5.9 HO with my 7.3 stroker and he had a smarty on level 7 i had my edge on fuel mileage setting he would just pull me but i passed him everytime he shift and ended up beating him did it every time just cant shift fast enough now when i turned the tuner up he had no chance.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:56 AM

I dont hate 12 valves i know what theyre capable of, but im soon going to be helpin out with geting head studs, egr, and a programmer for the truck. so i dont think the 6L will fall apart off the line
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.