Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

12 steps to recover a chevy.

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  driximus 
#1 ·
First you have to find a Chevy stuck in a ditch.

Second you have to ask the driver of the chevy if he is stuck and needs to be recovered.

Third you have to ask the driver how he ended up in the ditch.

Fourth you have to run home because it is summer and the snatch strap is hanging in the barn.

fifth you return to stuck truck that now has two police officers with it.

sixth you shake the hands of the police officers and call them by there first name. It is great to live in a small town.

Seventh you hook strap to chevy stuck in ditch. Then hook strap to Ford Powerstroke.

Eightth You get into Ford Powerstroke and snug the strap up. Then you flip the TS 6 Position Chip into Extreme setting.

Ninth You start backing up and while watching black smoke roll out of the exhaust of Ford Powerstroke and cover the local smokies with black diesel smoke.

Tenth you get truck out of the ditch safely and park your Ford Powerstroke Diesel safely on the shoulder so you can gather up your strap. Then shake the hand of the Chevy driver.

Eleven You put your strap back in your truck ask your wife if that was cool or what.

Twelth you ask your local smokies if they enjoyed the show. Then you listen to there response "what show all I seen was black smoke, I think there is something wrong with your truck!"
You respond back to them Nah nothing wrong with her she just needed to blow off some smoke while doing a little work.

This is a true story that happened about 50 minutes ago. I was on my way to get some nice steaks you Indiana boys know about my steaks. When I came upon a chevy s-10 stuck in the ditch. He went in the ditch to avoid an accident because a lady ran the stop sign.

See less See more
#5 ·
Nah he was completely sober I seen the idiot female driver run the stop sign I was about a 1/2 mile down the road when it happened. I seen the guy swerv to miss getting hit by here. It just happened he had no where to go besides the ditch.

I did this for free too, fellow military member on his way to some navy base in Texas.

#6 ·
That's awesome. :thumb:
How about 13 - When you say thank you when the guy drops a twenty in your hand for helpin him out. :D :D

#7 ·
Actually I charge a minimum of 50 dollar hook fee if I pull some one out. But since he was in the service and going back to his duty station I didn't charge him.

Where I live it is a standard 100 dollar hook fee unless you have an autoclub like triple A.

#9 ·
:thumb: Great job, BC! Way to help out a fellow service member. Oh, and since we know military doesn't pay squat, I'm sure he was very appreciative of your "no cost" service.

#10 ·
It was either my ford or the ford tow truck that stopped and asked if he needed help. The guy asked the tow truck the fee it was a minimal 110 for the first 50 ft of cable after that it was a 1 dollar a foot for cable. I kinda went off on the driver of the tow truck because he would not need more then 20 feet Heck I pulled him out with my 25 ft strap.

#12 ·
I make my money pulling people in the winter my strap is on my truck all winter long. When a snow storm comes I go hit the road. I got a buddy of mine who drives tow truck. When he gets an 1 hour back log he calls me and gives me locations of cars in the ditch. I tell you I need to invest in a wrecker of my own.

#13 ·
Way to go BC.

Gord.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.