The Beauty and my Beast..... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2005, 01:43 PM
Gun Nut

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Thumbs up The Beauty and my Beast.....

Where did I leave off on the request thread????

Ah I remember….......

It was a dark morning in East Texas. I was on my way to work at 0500 in the morning, minding my own business as usual. The smell of Houston smog was thick in the air. As I was crossing over I-10 through the traffic light, to get onto the access road, I notice a truck two cars back run the light red at a high rate of speed. Thinking nothing of it, I continue on, until he try’s to get by me on the right, knowing his lane is ending…..”I don’t think so little truck” I thought and didn’t let that happen. I just eased into the throttle, turbo gauge climbing at an easy pace…..just enough to close the gap for him. As he falls in behind me, I can tell he’s a Ford and I think to myself - let me show this little F-150 what a REAL motor can do. With that I got back into the gas. Not flooring it YET, just easing into it again. I’m enjoying the sound of the exhaust and of the motor coming to life. As I’m entering the mile long on ramp, there is not a car in sight, so I look back……he’s trying to hang. “HA!” I laugh to myself – let see how he likes being governed. With that I romp on my rig and with a cloud of black smoke in my mirror, I’m launched back into my seat. 70, 80, 90, 100, within mere seconds I’ve buried the needle…….But I look back and he emerges from the black smoke and is still there. I continue to stand in her, motor roaring, turbo climbing, EGT’s rising, lights flying by, 5 lanes of empty highway, he and I in an all out battle for speed. I shoot over to the fast lane while he take two lanes over in the slow. He’s gaining slightly but doesn’t have enough…..that’s when I realized for the first time it wasn’t a standard F-150….no it had to be nothing less than a Lightning. I stayed in it, continuing to gain speed but with NO idea how fast the two of us were going. My needle has been buried at over 100 for lord knows how long. He continues to try and catch up but just can’t get to me. Then I look up and see traffic and realize playtime is over. I back down, he flies in behind me and into the HOV lane to get by since he couldn’t get around me on the right. As he passes by me, I gave a polite wave and looked over to see the Lightning badge pass by me.
I guess he and I both learned something that morning. I learned never look in your rear view at those F-150 lights and assume you can whoop ‘em and he learned never think you can whoop up on a big ‘ol F250……especially when he’s on the big tune.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2005, 06:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Harley Truck
lol nice kill, those lightnings are pretty badass from what ive heard!
Old 09-29-2005, 06:31 PM
Gun Nut

Thanks Harley! Not sure I'll give it a "kill" but it was a hell of a race. We both had a blast (at least I did). Heck he was obviously stock and I was no where near stock.....but it was still a wild run.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:46 PM
Gun Nut

No one else has ever smoked someone with their PSD.....literally? :p
Old 10-10-2005, 07:30 PM
Military Member

Send a message via ICQ to jwiger Send a message via AIM to jwiger Send a message via MSN to jwiger Send a message via Yahoo to jwiger
Nice job Rod!
Old 10-11-2005, 11:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via MSN to turbotime Send a message via Skype™ to turbotime
Thumbs up Smiles on my face!!!

:p This is the best story that I have heard in a while!!! Since I got my speeding ticket, I am totally paranoid about doing anything that the cops could get me for. And let me tell you, this is a HUGE challenge for me when I am in the ol' diesel! There is nothing like shocking those guys in their suped out cars with a big work truck. Anytime that I go to the city, it takes total self control not to burn rubber at every stop light. It is as though I could have been the one driving your truck as you tell the story 'cause man o man, I know how you felt! Thanks for sharing with us...I love those times!!! Congratulations too.

Oh yeah, BTW, even though he was stock and you were not, you just do the math and count all that weight you had to be pulling along with you too!! You smoked 'em in mine eyes cause those lightnings are FAST!!!
Old 10-11-2005, 11:11 AM
Gun Nut

Thanks glad y'all like it.

I know what you mean about self control at the stop light......unfortunatly I don't seem to have any. Yeah Turbo I figured you, SPV, and HiTech would especially enjoy kicking guys butt's in these. I know my wife does when she drives mine.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to powerstrokekiller
Nice

I had some of those antics when I first got my cummins. Until that stupid little Celica trd came up. I smoked him pretty bad. The road split into two four lanes. I gentily rolled into the throttle coming out of town to get up to sixty. Well I went along at about sixty for oh say mile and a half. Then I see this little red celica with a goofy lookin body kit and wing comin up pretty fast. Well he didn't get up to my door. We went along at about 100mph he was way behind. Then I saw MCSD(marion county sheriffs deputy). I saw the crown vic's nose dive and almost scrape the asphalt to turn around. Luckily he clocked me at 84 in a 55 but let me off with failure to obey a traffic control device(speed limit sign) which equaled 123.23 and no points if I took the class. Maybe before I get that banks kit I might wanna get a valentine radar. . And since the big three are on a performance streak with dodge having the srt's (viper, ram, neon, charger and so on) Ford with svt(cobra, lightening, focus) and Chevy with the SS. Who thinks we need like an SVT F250. Like the stroked lightening that was in diesel power mag. But from the factory. And a cummins srt6. Have em lowered and putting out considerably more power than factory. How does that sound. I diesel road racer
Old 10-16-2005, 09:29 AM
Gun Nut

Now THAT would be SWEET! As long as I can get one in CrewCab 4x4.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:34 AM

Send a message via AIM to powerstrokekiller
Well

Well they could do like they did with the Ram srt-10. Start off with a standard cab with a manual tranny. Then release a quad cab version with an auto to handly all of that power. I think you would see an awd before a true 4wd. That could be a dealer installed thing. Get the parts that the factory would use for the svt model and install em on w/e you want. I posted this idea on other non diesel forums and people called me a nut job. But oh well I'm a happy nut job
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.