"word on da skreets is..." - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
"word on da skreets is..."

"...that the black regular cab powerjoke is FAST" hahaha

in my town there are a bunch of kids who race at the local wal mart or w/e. i used to go down there with my buddies in our mustangs and just park and watch when we were bored. so the other day me and my friend were driving down the local highway and a black civic flies by us and the guys got his middle finger out the sunroof. i just laughed it off figured he prob had a 6 liter at some point and it broke his wallet so bad he had to sell it and get a riced out honda... haha. so anyways i gets a call from some number and it turned out we kinda know the kid, so he says "wanna race a civic?" i say yeah lets do it, 20mph roll on the straightaway. so my friend is telling me that the kid was talking about how fast this civic is, it has some JDM racing motor and all this crap, it looked pretty clean so i guess it was true. so we get lined up and slow down, 3 beeps, as soon as we hit it he put a nose on me, then my turbo spooled and my 35's started turning, and i pulled hard on him till i had about 5 lengths at about 100. pouring black smoke all over his car the whole time... pure awesomeness haha. that was my first real kill with my truck, and i gotta say, its pretty satisfying not only beating them, but sooting them all in one shot. the kid's reaction was priceless, when we talked to him he was like "holy sh*t that thing pulls, i thought i had you at first and then all i saw was black smoke" i just calmly said, "yeah we should run em again sometime when its not on the economy tune" lol priceless.

so today, i get a call from another kid we kinda know who races with them, he's got a SRT4 with exhaust and a shifter, he says "hey man, word on the street is that black powerstroke is FAST" i say "yeah?" he says "yeah, we should run em sometime" so i guess we're gonna give it a go, i doubt ill beat him but w/e, its just funny to me that none of these guys would even look at my 5 liter but they all want a piece of my 7000lb truck...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2010, 06:05 PM

Good Kill bro!!
Old 10-17-2010, 06:31 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Lowdown89 Send a message via Yahoo to Lowdown89
Depending on what tune your running, I don't think think you should have a problem with the neon... Unless it's got a good bit of mods to it
Old 10-17-2010, 06:36 PM

innovative extreme race is what ide probably use for the SRT4, what do they run in the 1/4 stockish? 14.5's im guessing?
Old 10-17-2010, 07:20 PM

theres a pretty much stock srt 4 in town here and he has 13.4 time slips for it. 1st and 2nd are really short gears in that car so he has a lot of shifting to do before he goes anywhere
Old 10-17-2010, 08:21 PM

If you get a good boosted launch I think by the time he stops spinning you will be to far ahead for him to catch you, doing it from a roll might give him a better chance
Old 10-17-2010, 08:25 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Rolling races are no good IMO.
From a stop is the only way to go.
And plus it'll help you if you go from a stop b/c you can just put it in 4hi and wave bye
(I didn't intend or want that to rhyme btw)
Old 10-17-2010, 08:32 PM

That's the bad thing about my dually being 2wd, I can't leave over much more than 10psi without blowin the tires off, but with a 4.10 gear I can usually yank most cars off the line, as long as it's not another diesel that is 4wd
Old 10-17-2010, 08:32 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Hmmm how about before someone gets seriously hurt or killed you find a real drag strip and run them?

I don't know if it is my older age, or knowledge or experince or a little of all of the above. But it seems like it would be the smart thing to do. Also I don't know about where you live. But getting caught street racing in my state brings a big fine, truck impounded and oh yeah loss of license.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:34 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountrysg View Post
Hmmm how about before someone gets seriously hurt or killed you find a real drag strip and run them?

I don't know if it is my older age, or knowledge or experince or a little of all of the above. But it seems like it would be the smart thing to do. Also I don't know about where you live. But getting caught street racing in my state brings a big fine, truck impounded and oh yeah loss of license.
That's where I was headed. I'm only 21 and still think it's stupid to street race.
So it's not your older age. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.