Laramie WY.. WyoTech Oh Jeez. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Laramie WY.. WyoTech Oh Jeez.

So i recently moved to laramie wyoming to go to wyotech for diesel technology.
Luckily, i live right next to my classroom, so i just walk, but when i gotta go to WalMart, or anything, you have to go down the main drag to get there.
Well every time i go out, i end up racing people... great.

Day 1. I havent even been here 24 Hours. I was going to walmart, and this dodge is messing with me through town, just chuffing smoke on me, in front of me. There were cars in front of both of us.. So i get kinda fed up with this, but what can i do? the cars in front of us leave, and its on. we just go at it. both billowing smoke. I had like 3 lengths on him at 75. then i let off, and he goes by. ha loser blow-by.

Race 2. I was with a buddy i just met, we were (once again) going to walmart. i need to go somewhere else. and theres this blue powerstroke in front of us, with dual stacks, just kinda dusting smoke. like my stock injectors on street tune. at a stop light needless to say im on the left, and his window is down. I turn it on smoke, and just give it a snap to the floor. Smoke floods into his cab hahahahaha.... We wait till we get outside the city center, and just lay on it.. im just blacking out his lane lol. needless to say i win. i talk to him later, and he says he has a 36 position banks chip. he got it from his dads shop, who is a banks distributor.... yeah ok.

race 3. im out with 2 other guys this time. GUESS WHERE IM GOING?!?! yeah.. mjain drag, this older cummins is just pacing me on my right. he starts doing that speed up slow down thing. but what am i gonna do? i got a car in front of me. so i back off a little, and he keeps looking over. whatever. tool. he doesnt have a car in front of him, but hes pacing me. the car in front of me comes to a light, i drop it in 2nd doing 30, and set it on extreme. bring the revs up to 2100, and just keep going 30. the car turns, and i just romp on it up to 65 (in a 45 zone. dont do this kids) shifting at 3500. whoops lol. i had him by 4 lengths hahaha. then i slow down to 45, and he stays like 2 lengths back, he rockets up to me, i floor it, and he gets even with me, and i just pull away. blacking out the street lol, then i pull in front of him hahahah..

I like this town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2010, 04:08 PM

i went to wyotech for business management and the body work course. you will SOON learn that the school is nothing but bull****. and that you should have spent your 25K+ elswhere. another thing i should note DO NOT RACE. if you get busted by the cops going 20+ over the speedlimit you go strieght to the slammer and your truck gets impounded. and they take your vehicle to cheyenne which is bull**** on top of that. also. make sure you keep your apt. clean. i lived in the same ones and the RO's are dicks. they think there top dog. also. enjoy the noise rules they have. there super fun. 11 o clock might as well be lights out.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:13 PM

btw dont be surprised if u have to start cleaning bathrooms after class. u just payed to be there janitor.........also nice kills
Old 10-07-2010, 06:08 PM

good kills..

and sounds like wojo had a bad time at that school
Old 10-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I went there back in 1977 for diesel. And if nothing else it got me into a shop IH Dealer were I worked for 20 years. It cost $2,800. and we got a set of tools some I still have
It was a great time.
Oh yeh good kill
Old 10-07-2010, 06:24 PM

havent heard alot good from guys around home that went to wyo tech. said its to fasted paced and not alot of one on one with teachers and students. that being said ya watch your *** in wyoming period. i hate gillette to damn expensive to live in.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:14 PM

not that i had a bad time. but i was lied to ALOT by the regional rep. what i though was going to cost me 15K plus i got tools ended up being 28K and NO tools. NO one on one with teachers. when you got an assignment done you had to WAITE for a teacher to check your progess before you can move on. sometimes you have to waite a full day before a teacher checks you off to move on. After a long day of class you then are required to clean the whole shop (not a bad thing. i dont mind cleaning up my mess) but this includes sweeping the classroom (even if you have not used it) and cleaning bathrooms (including the toilettes).....it just seemed that i payed way to much to go to school there to not have learned as much as i could have going to a local tech school for 8K. i DO have 0% interest on my loans through wyotech tho as long as my payments are made on time every month. thats the ONLY thing i got out of them and thats only because wyotech couldnt find anybody to service loans at the time so they started loaning the money themselves. theres much more that went on that alot of people dont know about ( i worked in financial aid while i went to school there) and alot of people see this place advertised on extreme 4x4 and whatnot and they automatically assume its a kickass school. i knew alot of stuff before i went to school there and basically i just feel like i didnt learn much. they also have rules like if you get pulled over for speeding the local pd can call the school and your teachers have a right to pull points from you grade for "professionalism" altho you did it on your own time. they do a lot of stuff to lewer (SP?) you to the school and then its totally *** backwords. if you have anything you ever questioned the school about but werent sure about. your more than welcome to ask me via pm or in this thread. i just dont wanna see somebody else get screwed over the same way i did.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojo View Post
i went to wyotech for business management and the body work course. you will SOON learn that the school is nothing but bull****. and that you should have spent your 25K+ elswhere. another thing i should note DO NOT RACE. if you get busted by the cops going 20+ over the speedlimit you go strieght to the slammer and your truck gets impounded. and they take your vehicle to cheyenne which is bull**** on top of that. also. make sure you keep your apt. clean. i lived in the same ones and the RO's are dicks. they think there top dog. also. enjoy the noise rules they have. there super fun. 11 o clock might as well be lights out.
i havent had a problem yet.. and i usually keep it slow in town. im a very calm driver till someone dicks with me. im in campus courtyards. i dont see why you had such a bad time. im enjoying it so far. ive learned a lot, and ive only been here for 2 weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojo View Post
btw dont be surprised if u have to start cleaning bathrooms after class. u just payed to be there janitor.........also nice kills
havent had a problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullyDogJason View Post
good kills..

and sounds like wojo had a bad time at that school
yeah i know. i dont know why

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Papa 03 dually View Post
I went there back in 1977 for diesel. And if nothing else it got me into a shop IH Dealer were I worked for 20 years. It cost $2,800. and we got a set of tools some I still have
It was a great time.
Oh yeh good kill
its increased 10x in 30 years, wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikinfool05 View Post
havent heard alot good from guys around home that went to wyo tech. said its to fasted paced and not alot of one on one with teachers and students. that being said ya watch your *** in wyoming period. i hate gillette to damn expensive to live in.
no its not 1-1, unfortunately. theres 54 kids in my class, and one instructor. they booked so high that they had to put kids in the motels around town. that, i think, is bull****. but yes it is fast paced, they teach you A LOT in a short amount of time. But so far, i have a positive experience.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:51 PM

btw heres a post from my buddy from another site. and read my above post. not trying to talk you out of it. just trying to prepare you. you have only been there 2 weeks. you will shortly learn what its like. its not a cake walk like you would think. what other class are you taking with diesel btw??and my name is josh also btw.

Pretty much what Josh said. It was fun cause I was surrounded by people doing the things I loved but not worth it at ALL for the money.
After getting out you basically have just a little dip into what it actually takes to do the job. When you are done with your "assignment" you have to wait for the instructors to come around and check it off which I've seen take 10 seconds or take 15 minutes. The class sizes are huge and they don't have enough instructors for that many students.
Not to mention, you've never been bored till you've lived in Laramie WY. My roommate and I would literally go to walmart for something to do.
I'll be honest, I was one of, if not, the highest "ranked" students in my class. I did all the work, aced all the tests, etc etc. It's not worth the 28K and you will regret it in the end.
If I was to do it all over again I would have, hands down, gone to my local 2 year tech school and got a degree there.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:42 PM

im taking diesel, advanced diese, ASM (get an AA degree), and Chassis fab.

I know theres certain things you can only learn in the field, but well see how it goes. pretty much, i agree with what he says. Im one of the top students too. It gets dull.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.