soon to be kill? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2007, 02:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
soon to be kill?

a friend of mine is a die hard dodge guy. he has an 05 power wagon. reg cab, long bed, auto 4x4, hemi. he used to bash me all the time when i had my 01 f.350 5.4. now i just got my 05 6.0 and the bashing is even worse. he swears he will kill me in a race. personally i dont think so. hes got a quick truck but my 6.0 pulls pretty hard. what do you guys think. i'd like to make a bet with him just to shut him up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2007, 04:27 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
the hemi is a prety nasty motor probly a prety close match but if ya throw a 4 inch exhaust, intake and a good chip on that baby it will make him cry
with about 2 grand you can get a 6.0 in the 13's im thinkin they run about a 16 stock
Old 06-08-2007, 04:31 AM

Hemi...lol...those thing's are a joke in a big truck, you should out run him I would think. If not get you a FBD exhaust, Custom SCT and gauges and go spank that butt. You should have a lot less than $2,000 in those few mods
Old 06-08-2007, 04:36 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj41foley View Post
Hemi...lol...those thing's are a joke in a big truck, you should out run him I would think. If not get you a FBD exhaust, Custom SCT and gauges and go spank that butt. You should have a lot less than $2,000 in those few mods
I said if he wanted to run 13's it would cost him $2g i test drove a used hemi that some one had put dual exhaust and a cold air intake on and it impressed the h~ll out of me but i also drive an obs w/ hand shaker that does the quarter in 19 seconds so a riding lawn mower feels prety snappy to me
Old 06-08-2007, 04:41 AM

A SCT and exhaust will get you high 13's in a 6.0 or maybe low 14's
Old 06-08-2007, 05:02 AM

One thing I know for sure is that a Hemi in a 2500 4x4 looses to my stock 6.0 everytime... That motor might be decent but lets remember, it's nothing more then a GM 350... Doesn't put out the HP that the 350 does but is more torque weighted...

Ken....
Old 06-08-2007, 05:40 AM

Exactly. I raced a 1500 HEMI, and it was pretty dead even with no 4x4 launch used. (Didnt know about that way back in the day.) The guy in the HEMI wouldn't even look over at me after the race and was just sitting there pouting at the next light! LOL If you do the exhuast and the SCT Looney Tune, with a 4x4 launch you will quite literally make this guy cry!
Old 06-08-2007, 06:06 AM
MARSOC > Seals

Quote:
Originally Posted by rankroddin250 View Post
the hemi is a prety nasty motor probly a prety close match but if ya throw a 4 inch exhaust, intake and a good chip on that baby it will make him cry
with about 2 grand you can get a 6.0 in the 13's im thinkin they run about a 16 stock
Well I have a 7.3L and I raced one three times in a row and bet him.... I didn't have my exhuast on then either... if he at least gets a SCT with the looney tune on it.... I say he will win hands down..... and when you do race him make sure you get a video of it and post it on here.... go kill your sell a Hemi..... well not really a Hemi unless it is a 426ci.. but oh well.. he thinks that it is....
Old 06-08-2007, 10:45 AM

i forgot to mention both truck are bone stock. yeah he does alot of talkin, he claims to blow ford guys off the road all the time, especially diesels with banks power pack emblems. he is so closed minded he thinks his hemi is THE FASTEST truck on the road and nothin can touch it. he even said wait till i get and intake and exaust i'll have 500hp. the guy is very old school and doesnt know jack about performance. he just thinks "hemi" its definitley the fastest. i would love to see the look on his face if i race him with a sct and an exaust, but i think this race will come sooner than those are on my truck. his hemi feels quick and punchy when i rode in it but, after he got done braggin with me in it he tried to follow and old k-5 blazer and could barley keep up, i asked what was wrong? he used the excuse his tool box was full, lol.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

dude, you ca get a hemi in a mini van, when i saw that.. i lost what ever little respect i had for DUDge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.