Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

killed 07 dmax

6K views 63 replies 28 participants last post by  kingrancher24 
#1 ·
A little background here.
Small town of 5400, St.Paul, Alberta and its the rodeo finals weekend. Needless to say there are lots of people and lots of diesels around town. I'm just killing time cruisin' the main drag looking at all of the nice trucks and cars. I'm not rollin' coal or hitting the skinny pedal off the lights...just crusin.
I see this white chevy dually driving like an idiot behind me. There is me in the left lane and a slow minivan in the right, I see him gunning it to try to slip in the opening between us. So I hit the throttle a bit to close the gap, apparently I hit it hard enough to give a little smoke. Then I slowed right down to the speed of the minivan to piss him off 35kph for a bit. Then the minvan turned right and the next light turns red.
It's a 16-17 punk kid driving his dads dually and its full of girls. The wife looks at me and says, "smoke that little sh&^".
She rolls down the window and I ask him, "so your truck is pretty fast eh?".
He replies, "faster than yours!".
I see the other light turning yellow already, I don't have enough time to get the turbo up as much as I wanted. Light turns green, first 20 yards he gets his door to my front wheel. Then the Ex took off!!! I had him beat by 2 lengths before he finally let off! The best part was right as I was pulling even with him the wife is waving saying, "see ya later punk!" and then that's when we really launched!

Edit...I had my Innovative Extreme Street file running at the time

First kill with the EX!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Dude, that's flipping awesome. :thumb: Good kill, he probably told all his friends that the girls weighed him down. :hehe:

#3 ·
hehe, always a good day when a durapad goes home in shame!!!!:icon_ford::icon_ford:

#4 ·
It was real nice, thanks guys!

#5 ·
its always funny when you see 16 year olds driving 40k trucks there just so happy cuz there like all the people on youtube

#8 ·
not every 17 year old you see is driving daddys truck i got my truck when i was 17 and my dad has only driven my truck once and that was home from the dealership

#9 ·
kingranch89- not trying to be rude at all but...how exactly does a 17 year old obtain the amout of money needed to purchase a rig like that? Let alone straight from the dealer?

#12 ·
yea really! wish i wouldve gotten a graduation gift like that!

-nice rig jstokes:thumb:

#15 ·
Great story! Wife sounds like an awesome passenger, haha.

PS - I use the "slow down the speed-racers behind me" technique as well, it's fun to do while idiling around downtown.

#17 ·
It took her some time to get used to the power, the first time I punched it when I got the bigger injectors in she turned white!

#16 ·
OP, good kill. and ditto on the younger guys in daddy's truck thing, i get that sometimes, and im 23 haha.

#18 ·
hell im 19, and no one has ever said anything about it being daddys rig, ha pops has his own! and my previous vehicles were few and far from stock! 03 mustang gt w/ kenny bell :) and a 2005 ford ranger with 6.5" of lift and 35's

#21 ·
nice kill!!!!

#22 ·
I was 20 when i bought mine, straight from the dealer brand new in 2006. Im almost done paying it off too, about another year and im done. Cant wait for that day.

#24 ·
Sweet gift is right, I got my first truck as a gift too but it wasnt no brand new psd. My first truck was as old as I was 1985 Chevy S10 baby!! Im 26 and I still get the daddys truck thing... lol

#25 ·
hey i got my truck from my dad when he got his other 7.3 so i guess i got it the easy way but i worked two years to pay it off.

#27 ·
First off, let me say nice kill to the OP. Nothing is dumber then kids in their daddy's truck thinking it must be a 12sec truck because there pinto is a smoking 14sec car. :doh:

I'm 20 and have yet to pull a loan and have always paid in cash for my cars. Including my 04 dmax.

#30 ·
Yaaa. I agree. Not a good idea to poke mama bear. Half this site is young-uns.
I'm 21 and I get the "Daddy's truck" ALL the time even though it's all my money.. lol

And I TRASHED a d-max the other night but never made a thread. I pull up at a red light
and a truck full of drunk, dancing, and singing girls next to me.
I ask if he wants to run them.
What happened to them? I thought they were faster than that. lol. He never had a chance!

#36 ·
What engine is in that? LMM? or is that the new ones?

i want (Would like to have) a duramax in my truck

#39 ·
Oh is Gm still using aluminum heads?

cuz i no they make good hp but all chevys to me feel flimsy??

#38 ·
Neeeeeh. If you're gunna do an engine swap, at least get a Cummins or P-stroke..
D-maxs aren't bad, don't get me wrong. But how many d-maxs do you see with the insane HP #s??
They are fast and snappy, yes. But it seams like they don't have as munch HMPH when there's something hooked to the back of them.
Ya, they'll tow. Heck, they're diesel.. But just not as much as a p-stroke or Cummins.
In my experience at least. But I'm spoiled and have gotten to drive dang near every diesel engine model that's been built since '94
(and that is a sweet GM. I'd skoot around in it for sure!!!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.