1st KILL, Got me a 2010 Cummins Dually - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 08:02 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking 1st KILL, Got me a 2010 Cummins Dually

Well I am pretty proud of my 02 Excursion. She has a K&N Stage 2 Intake, and a 3.5" Down pipe to a full 4" strait piped exaust with a chrome 5" turn down tip in the factory location. Thats ALL I know her to have. Shes got a lift and 35's to go with that. Enough of that.

I live just outside of Lehi, Utah and I was coming home last night from work when I pulled along side a brand new 2010 Dodge Dually Diesel 3500. This truck had the paper temp plate in the rear window but had already been seriously modded. From the outside I could tell of the lift, 22.5" Alcoas and full size tires big rig style, Dual Exaust with about a 5" tip coming out of both sides behind the rear tires. I have to give the guy credit that the truck was a very good looking Blue color with a lot of chrome accents, but it was still a DODGE.

So this is what happened. He was at the light in the middle lane, and I was coming up to the light to turn right but when I saw this truck, I wanted a better look so I decided to go strait. He kinda looked over at me in my Ex and we both gave eachother the "nod" and he kinda started revving up a little. I let the kid in me get the best of me and I started to play. I built up my boost and my turbo started to whine louder as I kept my foot firmly on the floor while my brakes started to beg for a release. He started revving up his motor andI could only assume that he moved his controller to "RACE" on his dashboard, because he started bellowing smoke out of his tailpipes like a freight train. I thought for a second that I had really bitten off way more than I could chew because his turbo really started to drown out mine and he was stating to kinda laugh and smile at me.......

Thats when the light turned green and I released my left foot. My truck jumped and the dodge was right behind me. I heard him shift and I thought for sure that he would catch me by the other side of the large intersection.
Thats when I heard his engine rev really fast a few times..... HE LUNCHED HIS CLUTCH!!! I could see smoke coming from under his cab as he was rolling thru the intersection and he had his turn signal on to move off the road. I pulled over with him to be a good sport and to also get a better look at his set-up. He would not open his hood but we both got under his truck and you could feel the heat radiating from the fly wheel area and the smell was just overwhelming. Anyways, I towed him into the gas station parking lot just behind where we started our little race, and kinda had a smirk on my face as I pulled out and headded back home.

All I can say is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mxracer511 Send a message via Yahoo to mxracer511
thats awesome ford till the end for me too kinda sux for that guy tho owell he shoulda gone ford haha
Old 08-26-2010, 10:17 AM

That's a great story. Way to go, and glad to see you helped him as well.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:43 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
haahhahah wow. thats what u get for rollin all kindsa coal. cooooooooked clutch.. ouch.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:46 AM
Don't you worry about it

that'll just make you all warm and fuzzy inside!
Old 08-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Once you go black......

Send a message via MSN to CanadianDiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlarsen View Post
That's a great story. Way to go, and glad to see you helped him as well.

Nice!
Old 08-26-2010, 11:30 PM
NOT a Democrat

Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
Perfect!!!!
Old 09-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Banned

a stock goat clutch cant take the big power, once he gets a dual disk watch out!! there are a few 2010s that have industrial injection twins they are suppose to be bad
nice kill
Old 09-03-2010, 09:07 PM

Nice of ya to stop for the guy I must say lol

I member when I fried my first Tq. Conv. its like a right of passage for us dodge guys lmao, it was on an on ramp in tx with a trailer.... limped her all the way back to FL lol short one trailer

$9,700 later.... trans SEEMS to be holding up lol
Old 09-10-2010, 06:41 AM

nice one buddy! great to see ya helped him out tho!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.