Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

A Porsche? Are you kidding me?

5K views 31 replies 27 participants last post by  Galaxie 
#1 ·
This completely made my night. The girlfriend got an award at work and they gave her a $400 bonus, so she wanted to celebrate and buy me dinner. So we're headed out and we're coming up to an intersection. There are 2 turn lanes, 3 straight lanes in which the far right lane has to merge. We're stopped and a guy in a porsche boxter convertible pulls up blasting some crap and revving his little car. Sarah goes "I guess he thinks he has it" and I flip the 4x4 switch and roll forward a little. So he edges up, I edge up, he edges up again and he's got a smug look on his face. Light goes green and we take off, he's on it hard and gets a short lead. The turbo lights, puff of smoke and I walk past him. I'm kinda shocked because afterall, it's still a porsche. Sarah is laughing her azz off "I guess he shouldn't have bought the girl porsche". He comes around me, gets in the left lane and we're coming to the next light, this time he wouldn't even look over. :hehe:

#3 ·
LOL, Love it.
Doug

#6 ·
HAHAHA... Thats awesome. Nice Kill.

I'm kinda upset with the fact that, when my truck was on 46's NO MATTER where I was something would pull next to me and wanna race. Now that I lowered it on 38's and got an SCT, I can't find anything around here to pick on. haha...

#11 ·
I know what you mean. It seems like every time I have my truck tuned to my towing tune someone comes up trying to act all bad and I just have to ignore them. But whenever I'm loaded for bear with the xtreme tune no one wants to mess with me.

#8 ·
haha owned. those cars arent that fast, you need to spend more $ for the fast ones.... lol. he thought he was hot stuff. great kill man.

#9 · (Edited)
Good one John!! :thumb: Way to show him what a truck can do.....AND way to go on entertaining Sarah! It's always a good thing to laugh your butt off!!! :thumb:

I don't do it often (not my thing), but, when I do, it's always hilarious to hear the little import screaming for all it's worth and the red face of the driver because this big 1-ton crew-cab long-bed truck is staying next him......and he can't get away. :hehe:

#10 ·
Haha that's awesome. My girlfriend loves to race little cars too, especially when I race hers.

#12 ·
that is awesome. when you dogged him were you in extreme tune? what speed can you take your truck up too on asphalt in 4x4? i always thought it was bad, guess i have to remember that next time i pull up next to someone. congrats man!

#15 ·
that is awesome. when you dogged him were you in extreme tune? what speed can you take your truck up too on asphalt in 4x4? i always thought it was bad, guess i have to remember that next time i pull up next to someone. congrats man!
i was wondering the same thing. Do you always drive around with the front wheel lock engaged? any helpful pointers to insure some kills of my own would be great.

#16 ·
Nice kill. I absolutely hate the Boxster.

#19 · (Edited)
Picking on a 4 cylinder Porsche and probably an 88 year old man . LOL Kids now days :doh:
Fanton you sure it wasn't one of those kit cars and a VW ? :hehe::hehe:

#26 ·
Read the whole thing pal, seemed more serious to me. i'm sorry for my comment. But you do have to watch it on here, seems like everytime someone posts something someone else wants to talk bad about it. But once again i'm sorry for my comment i just took your post the wrong way.

#27 ·
Great kill!!!!! Probably ruined for life. LOL
Thanks Dale

#28 ·
NICE!!

It wasn't a Porsche but I had about an 04 PSD with a welding setup with a homemade bed pull up next to me and rev it up with his single stack. I didn't do a boosted launch or anything and when the lght turned green he was on it hard. He was almost a length ahead when my turbo lit and I caught and passed him before the next light a block away. He tried it again and the same result. Third time, the same thing. After that I let off of it and he eased by. WHen I got to my turn he blew a big puff of smoke and rolled on.

Oh yeah, to those of you thinkig I had a weight advantage.....I was pulling a trailer so that should even up the odds.:nod:

#32 ·
Sweet. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.