raced a cummins - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2010, 02:35 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
raced a cummins

so my brother was in town a couple weekends ago and for those of you that dont know, he has an 08 6.7L cummins 4x4 quad cab long bed 6 speed. My truck: 1997 F250 7.3L ext. cab 2wd auto tranny Long bed. Gauges, CAI, 3" downpipe, straight factory size exhaust to 6" tip, Shimmed Regulator, Carter Lift Pump , DP tuner: 60 tow, 80e, and oh boy 120, 40K BTU Trans Cooler

We finally got to race side by side. before the only way we could compare our trucks was a hill test where he would top out at 75 and I would top out at 70. I always wondered how they would compare side by side live racing until I found out a couple weeks ago. The details are 100% truthful and u can decide from there.

My truck had my race quad in the back and he had a hunting quad so his load was probably a couple hundro pounds heavier. we got side by side in a far back road that was perfectly straight and we could see for miles. He had me start us, and since I was calling it, i waited just a half second or so after I said go so no one can say i jumped the gun. But I got him in the hole pretty good and jumped out to about a two length lead where thats where it stayed. by then we were accelerating at the same rate. He wasnt gaining on me and I wasnt pulling away. when he pulled in behind me i looked down and we were going 70-75 mph.

now for why i jumped him, maybe its just cause i was able to preload better and I have an auto or i was maybe 200 lbs lighter or a combo of all those reasons... but it it what it is, for now at least. I would still like a completly straight up race, both empty, and maybe even no preloading allowed. just call it from an idle and go.

im not posting this tryin to say my truck is all bad arse or to condone backstreet racing or anything of the like, but posting so other obs guys will maybe have some insight as to how our older trucks can compare to a newer cummins. I would even like your input to see what you all guys think of all the specifics.

I honestly think my truck did pretty good for being 13 yrs old and havin 170+ thousand miles and just the few things ive done to it. it was also nice to beat my older brother at something too, you might could say i have a little of that little brother syndrome even haha

Last edited by azbroncbuster; 05-15-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2010, 02:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
your brother cant drive
Old 05-15-2010, 04:28 PM

yea the 6.7 cummins sucks!!!! they are prehistoric junk! ....

just wait...
Old 05-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

stock cummins aint fast, not a bad motor, definatly not over powered, nice kill
Old 05-15-2010, 06:23 PM

I bet I know why you got him, the fact you are tuned, probably 2k lighter, and auto.

But nice job either way.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinj427 View Post
I bet I know why you got him, the fact you are tuned, probably 2k lighter, and auto.

But nice job either way.
Hmm. Ya i guess those stock cummins arent that fast, and I guess my DP adds more go than I give it credit for.

I should be seeing him this weekend, maybe another race? haha. Ill check on his GVWR sticker and see what it says. 2000 pds heavier seems like a bit much, but what do I know??

On another note, given these circumstances, anyone wanna guess what my 1/4 mile time might be? Im at like 1400 ft elevation... Other specs to help you out, 0-60 in 9.1 seconds... im thinking it should be a solid 16 second truck. maybe low 16's? if im really lucky, think any chance i might be even 15.9 range? I guess Ill find out for sure in june when the track opens up after they do their repairs and upgrades.....
Old 05-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by my97blowsblack View Post
Hmm. Ya i guess those stock cummins arent that fast, and I guess my DP adds more go than I give it credit for.

I should be seeing him this weekend, maybe another race? haha. Ill check on his GVWR sticker and see what it says. 2000 pds heavier seems like a bit much, but what do I know??

On another note, given these circumstances, anyone wanna guess what my 1/4 mile time might be? Im at like 1400 ft elevation... Other specs to help you out, 0-60 in 9.1 seconds... im thinking it should be a solid 16 second truck. maybe low 16's? if im really lucky, think any chance i might be even 15.9 range? I guess Ill find out for sure in june when the track opens up after they do their repairs and upgrades.....
*cough* take video *cough cough*
Old 05-18-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
*cough* take video *cough cough*
of my 9 second 0-60 or when i race it? how bout i do both.... when your at this elevation, trucks run really well. Im just guessing at what time it will be in the 1/4, but ive done 0-60 twice now and have been low 9's first time and high 9 second time. Ill get a video of it next time... no biggie
Old 05-18-2010, 12:58 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by my97blowsblack View Post
of my 9 second 0-60 or when i race it? how bout i do both.... when your at this elevation, trucks run really well. Im just guessing at what time it will be in the 1/4, but ive done 0-60 twice now and have been low 9's first time and high 9 second time. Ill get a video of it next time... no biggie
C'mon man, we want video of EVERYTHING, you know how we are.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:40 PM

That 6.7 is a dog stock, well the 5.9s are to. Anyhow that preload will hurt him and that shifting with a manual you lose all your boost were as the auto will drop but not have to be completely reloaded...just my 2 cents, and yes videos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.