Chipped 6.0 vs me :D - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2007, 10:07 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Chipped 6.0 vs me :D

Well long story short I see this guy in a truck just like mine but a 6.0 hauling azz down 40. He turns on landing lane and I follow. He gets on it and LEAVES me going over the bridge and I'm like WTF so I speed up. We're doing like 75 down a 45 and basically rally car style around corners LOL. He slows I get close... he hammers down and so do I. I couldn't believe it... I was keeping up with him! We get to the next straight away and we both start slowing down and it's my turn off w/ big street lights and I see him blow some smoke! well I gun it... down a little hill and up the next... by the time we crest the next hill I was actually gaining on him... we start going down the last little hill and I look down my SPEEDO was pegged at the "1" passed 100 mph. Just as we were cresting that last hill I pull in the opposing lane and take him. Couldn't believe it. He follows me, at this point I'm almost 2 miles past my house LOL and we both pull into Coopers Market and start BS'ing... He had an SCT box but said it was some kinda superchips w/ a tow tune and runs 14.7 in the 1/4 on the "extreme" setting. He said he couldn't believe my truck was pullin on his like that. He said he did let out of it some on that last hill when he saw me pull into the opposing lane which would explain why it was so hard to pull on him to begin with and then suddenly pass him quickly LOL. He was like "i can't believe this mother effer gonna pass me, this dude is NUTS" LOL We had fun bs'in for about 20 min and then my friend Kyle happened to drive by and he stopped and the dude told him the story... it was sooo funny. O yeh his name was Rob, it was a 2005 F250 CC shortbed. He had his truck in the "tow" tune and has an "extreme" setting which is what he ran the 14.7 in. I told him about the site and about getting a REAL SCT LOL and how he'd walk me anyday running mid 13's with it LOL. He left a nice 100-150ft burnout for us to watch as he left too LOL it was great.

Sorry no pix
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2007, 11:01 PM
The Fat Mod

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cool story Marty. Nice happy ending
Old 04-19-2007, 07:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Sounds about right, I ran a 6.0 from a roll on just my programmer a while back and we were even. I think it was equipped with a juice.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:41 PM
International Threat

He was a real nice guy... type of stuff I like, he wanted to catch up w/ me and say whatsup and shake my hand. It was definitely close and I was expecting to get slaughtered. I'm sure with a better chip things would be much different.

I will admit it was kinda stupid to be passing him on a 2lane road doing 120+ mph with a sharp hairpin turn less then 1/4 mile away!!!!!

luckily no one got hurt! It sure was fun though, I probably won't do that again because it was scary as he11 slidding through the turn!

Actually I was wondering if anybody knew how fast I was going. I was in the heat of the moment and didn't think to look until I was passing him and it was below the top of the 1 - for the gear shifter on the steering column (passed 100).

I have 285's w/ the stock 3.73's and when my speedo says 76mph I'm doing 78mph per the GPS on my phone.

To give you an idea... this is what I remember...

Last edited by Marty; 04-19-2007 at 02:27 PM.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintain View Post

To give you an idea... this is what I remember...
Hmmm...RPM's look kinda low for that speed!! LOL!
Old 04-19-2007, 02:59 PM
International Threat

LOL it's edited can't you tell!??? That is actually a picture of my dash when I had 117,000 miles and my truck blew an o-ring on the HPOP and died. It's the only clear one I could find.

I just wanted ya'll to know where the speedo was... ignore the other gauges
Old 04-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
Holy cow! Great story Marty! Have you raised the speed limiter in your truck. Or maybe you don't have one, but I know my 2000 250 is limited to 95 mph. That might be the proof that your truck has a program in it.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:28 PM

my truck's speedo only goes to 90 :'( haha and it doesn't even SAY 90 it just has the lil 85 tab then a big tab!!! haha i've had that pinged trying to merge onto 287 in traffic (ugh traffic...) anyways!!! great story, awesome ending
Old 04-19-2007, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintain View Post
LOL it's edited can't you tell!??? That is actually a picture of my dash when I had 117,000 miles and my truck blew an o-ring on the HPOP and died. It's the only clear one I could find.

I just wanted ya'll to know where the speedo was... ignore the other gauges
Yeah that's why I was poking fun at it. I could see where you had blurred the actual needle lol
Old 04-19-2007, 06:44 PM
International Threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJohnWayne View Post
Holy cow! Great story Marty! Have you raised the speed limiter in your truck. Or maybe you don't have one, but I know my 2000 250 is limited to 95 mph. That might be the proof that your truck has a program in it.
Yeh more and more things are pointing towards that fact. I just wished that for running as fast as it does it'd smoke half as much as my buddies that runs 15.8 w/ a TS on 100!!! LMFAO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.