extreme street vs. mustang gt - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 07:49 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
extreme street vs. mustang gt

did a few runs, he would always try and jump the third honk to get a head start.

from what i could tell it was a stock mustang gt manual. my truck 05 egr delete, cat/muffler delete, innovative extreme street

first run: about a 55 mph roll, punch it i keep a nose on him up to about 90 and he let off.
second run: jumps the honk a good bit, kept about a car length on me

and to make him feel good about himself, he gets next to me i hit the first honk and he just punches it so i just let him go and not waste my time anymore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2010, 07:10 PM

not sure about you, but when i race from a roll i hit it on the second honk so as soon as they hit the third honk my truck will leave perfectly not to early not to late cause if i wait for the third honk the other car will get a good jump on me.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:49 AM

i was stayin a lil in the throttle to keep the boost built enough to get me a decent start on the 3rd honk

a week or so ago im on my way out to crosby (about 45 minutes from me) to go to a party. jump onto 1960 theres a 05-07 6.0 identicle to mine but white rollin coal and a murdered out NNBS duramax peelin out at the light. i was gaining on the powerstoke while him in the duramax were racing. i get up to the 6.0 and tried to get him to run but he wouldnt. raced the duramax up to about 105-110ish, he got a jump on me since he was coming up from behind me and suprised me but i held my own but he was quicker and on atleast 35" mud terrains

then had 2 actual races from honks
03-04 6.0 tuned, pulled about 4 lengths on him and he let off, he was on 35's tho so ill give him that

then an 03+ cummins, raced him from a 25 roll had about 6-7 lengths on him by the time i hit 100.

Last edited by 75' forty; 02-15-2010 at 07:52 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:43 AM

when racing from a roll you can hold the brake and get into the throttle a bit to build boost but at the same time maintain your speed and on the 3rd honk just release the brake and mash more throttle and you take off already pushin around 20 psi or so...
Old 02-15-2010, 08:51 AM

Send a message via AIM to FastFocus
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDSTROKIN' View Post
when racing from a roll you can hold the brake and get into the throttle a bit to build boost but at the same time maintain your speed and on the 3rd honk just release the brake and mash more throttle and you take off already pushin around 20 psi or so...
winnar, winnar!!
Old 02-15-2010, 08:53 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
thats why i hate racin from a roll i rather catch a light
Old 02-15-2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingranch89 View Post
thats why i hate racin from a roll i rather catch a light
at a light then you have traction issues, and i just don't feel comfortable using 4wd on dry pavement or for racing. and then getting up to 100 mph in it just doesn't seem like a good combination to me.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to FastFocus
people along with myself do it all the time. these trucks are tough and as long as your not stupid with it then launching in 4wd is no problem. Also, 4wd technology has come a long way so using it on dry pavement is perfectly fine as long as your going straight. Its not like back in the 80's when you would break t-cases because the front wheels didnt match up with the rear....
Old 05-19-2010, 09:35 AM

raced a supercharged harley (02-03ish). he had some exhaust on it, other than that im unsure. did about an 85 roll and ran to probly 110-115. from 85-100 i had a nose on him. after that i pulled a truck length out of him.

friend in the passenger seat was shocked when we started running and i was pulling. i was looking at the guy while we were running and he and his friends mouth were just dropped like wtf?

only reason we raced so high was he was driving like an *** weaving so i caught up and had him run me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.