killed a 24 valve last night - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 09:44 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
killed a 24 valve last night

well im in high school and theres only 2 other diesels in the parkin lot and ive always tried to race both of them and im buddies with both guys so its all cool.

last night i was cruising around with 2 girls in the front seat and low and behold one of the cummins was sitting at the pool hangin out and i pulled up and was just like when we gonna race and was laughin and he finally starts it up and is like right now.

so im like hell ya follow me to 63 hwy and after the last light once we are out of town, so hes says ok.

we get about a mile or so out of town (4 lane hwy) and im in the right lane and hes in the left lane. we roll down the windows doin about 50 and i count down 3 2 1 and punch it and i smoked him that time.

2nd run, i did the same 3 2 1 and my truck didnt down shift right, it up shifted instead so of course he had me. i say one more time for braggin rights.

3rd run rollin about 55, gave him the 3 2 1 and i just pulled way out in front of him and he couldnt ever catch up.

his truck is like an 01 24v 2 wheel drive ext cab dually. supposedly before we raced his friend who is my friend also was like im pretty sure hes gonna beat you, and im like and how is that. he said he had about a 40hp chip, i dont know if thats true or not,

after the 3rd run we pulled into the office parking lot that my mom owns and chatted and the same friend who said i was gonna beat must have been haulin *** to catch up with us cause he was still sittin in that parkin lot when we left.

so basically i beat him 2 out 3 times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2010, 11:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

wow well you have abuilt tranny so ur gona get him plus hes a dulley he prolly weights 7600 lbs plus ur prolly 69oo so imean good race in all but u should winn just my 2 cents
Old 01-17-2010, 11:50 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nice kill. Do you not have a tuner or anything? and he couldnt catch you? Not bashing
Old 01-17-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony V View Post
Nice kill. Do you not have a tuner or anything? and he couldnt catch you? Not bashing
well not to my knowledge, but everytime my trucks been to any shop they always ask and im like i have no clue, but my truck throws more smoke than a stock one should . when i had it in ford a few weeks ago the tech there asked me and i told him the same answer which is i dont know. he's like well for how much smoke this truck puts out, hed bet on it bein chipped from a programmer in the obd 2 port.

no he couldnt catch me we ran all the way up to 85+ (dont know how fast we were going cause thats where my speedo stocks and my truck can peg it in 3rd gear before it ever upshifts to fourth
Old 01-17-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05greendmax View Post
wow well you have abuilt tranny so ur gona get him plus hes a dulley he prolly weights 7600 lbs plus ur prolly 69oo so imean good race in all but u should winn just my 2 cents
according to my door sticker my truck weighs around 8800 from the factory and my wheels and tires are well over a 100 pounds a piece id bet
Old 01-17-2010, 12:25 PM

You could have a superchip installed or something, you knwo the dealer can reflash ur comp to get rid of it if you wnted.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
You could have a superchip installed or something, you knwo the dealer can reflash ur comp to get rid of it if you wnted.
im good i like puttin the hurt to cummins. ive only had one truck beat me in a race, me and the guy are now friends. his truck is an 07 cummins, with intake, bully dog triple dog chip and restrictor off his turbo, its a regular cab thats lifted.

my friend told me it was built to the hilt one night and i wanted to find out. well he was in town and the same friend told him i wanted to race, cause i was tryin to race all night long and i make it very obvious. so he turned his chip off, and he was sittin at autozone and my buddy with me was like just go through there. i went through autozone and turned on the road beside he was sitting. mashed it to the floor and just roasted the tires.

then he threw his cig out the window fired it up and tore off after me. then he followed me out to the same hwy. and we got up beside each other and i smoked his *** on top end some how and im like what the hell.

and he motioned me over lated that night and we talked and it turns out that all he has is the mods i said earlier. then we went back to town and got up beside each other he had his chip all the way up and just wasted me. it wasnt even a race.

then we traded wheels and tires. cause i wanted his wheels but i had to trade back. but i was followin him cause we were goin out to his gf's moms house and i was takin her sis to the movies. and we came up to the stop light. we both smiled and i turned my head looked at the stop light, and boosted it up to about 10 psi. dumbed the brake and slammed it to the floor and i had him off the line but he caught me when my truck dogged down a bit in second gear.

we raced around 5 times or so i beat him a couple times when we were already rollin with his chip off
Old 01-17-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
oh and on here people say stock obs turboes should only make 20 psi well my truck will peg about 28-29 psi...
Old 01-17-2010, 01:47 PM

Thats pretty high.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:05 PM

Nice kill, ur really making that much boost on a stock turbo danng
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.