kinda worried - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2007, 01:18 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
kinda worried

so, i just put a new moter in my truck, and i am super excited about it. its smooth and powerfull just like a nice new diesel. and i have a few mods, such as a nice new turbo, 4in straight pipe exhaust. but my chip has not come in yet. and if you have seen my pics, you know i have nitto terra grapplers that are nothing less than aggresive. and i have now been called out by a 04 durramax on another forum i am on. not sure of the mods, but rumors of around 450hp at the wheels(which are stock rims and tires). the guy is cool and all, but he just wants a friendly tug of war. just kinda worried, and this will be my first tug. not to mention, i have done my fair share of friendly trash talkin(just messin with him). so if you guys have any pointers, PLEASE, let me know asap. and dont forget to wish me luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2007, 03:13 AM
im fat and ugly

havent done any tuggin but good luck
Old 03-29-2007, 03:26 AM
The Fat Mod

Good luck, you can put her in 4 low, you might want to air down the tires some, wait till he gets that 450 hp spinning and then you can pull him where ever you need too Is he stock height, if so and your tires make you any taller, that will be an advantage for you as well.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:32 AM

Well I'm not one to cheat, but since you are kind of the underdog. Figure out how to get as much weight as possable in or on your truck (for instance a buddy of mine puts tractor weights behind the seat of his reg cab, not for any kind of official event, just for shutting up loud mouth dodge owners) and be sure to let some air out of your tires, down to 28-30 psi.
Logans right when you hook up the trucks, try to hook higher than him, you will "unload his rear tires"!

Last edited by Big Tone; 03-29-2007 at 03:35 AM.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:46 AM
Is it even worth it???

Send a message via AIM to ABOBB Send a message via Yahoo to ABOBB
OK.. I agree with all the above.

Get your truck as heavy as possible for the event, lower air pressure some... try to make your hook point higher than his. 4-Lo, might consider using 2nd gear in the auto.

Wait for the start, and ease off the brakes and onto the accellerator at the same time... You didn't say what trans he has, but if it's a manual... you've got it made. If it's an auto it will be a little tougher, but if you wait a fraction to let his big hp start his truck to spinning... then drive away at a steady pace.. you should get him there too.

Let us know how it turns out.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

i shouldn't tell you this seeing i am a demax guy,but about a 1/2 hour before the event takes place take about a gallon of bleach and soak your tires and drop the air down to about 30 to 35 psi,with this done you will be runnin same as slicks,one down fall to this proccedure it will cut down on your tire life seeing you softened the rubber...good luck
Old 03-29-2007, 10:44 AM

thanks for the advice guys..now, another thing i forgot to mention is that i have a 5spd manual, and he has an automatic. and he is at stock height. also, is it true that those newer trucks have auto lockers all the way around when they are under 5mph? maybe its just a rumor. again, thanks for allt he tips, and i will let you know how it ends up, maybe even get a vid up!
Old 03-29-2007, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainkimball View Post
thanks for the advice guys..now, another thing i forgot to mention is that i have a 5spd manual, and he has an automatic. and he is at stock height. also, is it true that those newer trucks have auto lockers all the way around when they are under 5mph? maybe its just a rumor. again, thanks for allt he tips, and i will let you know how it ends up, maybe even get a vid up!
no that cant be true.... most new trucks come with limted slip
Old 03-29-2007, 10:58 AM
The Fat Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by red73psd View Post
no that cant be true.... most new trucks come with limted slip
Thats what I was thinking.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to slammedSI Send a message via MSN to slammedSI Send a message via Yahoo to slammedSI
As far as i know there rears are a locker in the dmax. But then again i drive a ford so what do i know?? lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.