Killed a VW - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 06:44 PM
NOT a Democrat

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
Killed a VW

Newer, had silly stickers, gauges, and an exhuast. Said 1.8T on the back. Punk didnt stand a chance against the 6.0T lol

Actualy, a quick little car. I didnt have time to put it in 4x4 so he had me out of the hole, I got him around 30 and pulled foot by foot past him.

Cool kid. Asked what I had done to the motor. Was caught off gaurd when I said exhaust and tune.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2009, 06:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

nice i drove one of those things, there quick for sure. i was dissapointed in the top end but out of the hole it was real fun.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

What do you have done? Studs? Which tune?

I raced 2 of those. Well, one was a 1.8T, and the other was a 2.0T. Both relatively stock.
The 2.0T was dead even at higher speeds. I creep by him slowly at mid speeds. The 1.8T, I barely got by him at any speed. They both lose the race, but both are fairly dead even with me at 100+mph.
I get buslengths on them from a stop and low speeds.

Last edited by Texas~KR; 12-22-2009 at 04:31 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:06 AM
NOT a Democrat

Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
I am still under warenty so my studs will come soon. For mods, 4" MBRP trubo back, SCTx3 with some custom tunes. I have it on street.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I sold my VW with a 2.8L VR6, thing topped out at 134Mph. Which all MkIV's do, Of course unless they are chipped. Not too many people I knew with them had chips cuz you HAD to run 93 in them.Those 6's have more torque off the line than the 1.8's do. I sold that car to my father in law for the 7.3L I have......I'll have to set something up.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:46 PM

my 99audi quattro 1.8T put down over 300AWHP with a gt2871r,630cc injectors,and ctapp custom tuning, along with the other supporting mods. i beat everything on the road except for a zo6,skyline gtr,porshce 4s,my friends S4, and my friends ferrari 360 modena lol..just sold the audi 3 months ago and just got word that the guy ran it into the back of a semi.....

fun car none the less. but going from that to a stock 7.3 was practicality hitting me in the face!
Old 03-13-2010, 04:31 AM

The VW's are fairly quick. My '05 GTI 1.8T isn't as quick as the newer 2.0T though. And as said earlier, their top speed is maxed out right around 130 mph. (though you can set the cruise control at that speed) The easiest thing to do to upgrade them, is get Revo, which sets the ECU back to Euro standards. (including fuel, emissions, speed, etc.) It's also much easier than replacing the chip, as all you do is plug it into the diag. port, choose the setting, and go. (kinda like an adjustible chip)

Personally, I've never had the pleasure of riding in a nicely set up Powerstroke, so the though of being in a 7K+ lb truck, that'll blow by a VW, is a truly excting thought. (I do carpool with another student, who's got a '98 3500 w/ the 24 valve 5.9L. His dyno'd numbers are 671hp, and 1323 ft/lbs, and to be perfectly honest, I'm not impressed with the way his truck drives).

mike
Old 04-08-2010, 02:17 PM

Got access to a 01 911 turbo, 0 t0 60 in 4 seconds top speed 190 all stock. Anyone interested?? 6 speed manual, shifts into 3rd doing 90. I don't see a 7k truck beating this thing off the line, in the 1/4 mile, or 5 miles down the road.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by screager312 View Post
Got access to a 01 911 turbo, 0 t0 60 in 4 seconds top speed 190 all stock. Anyone interested?? 6 speed manual, shifts into 3rd doing 90. I don't see a 7k truck beating this thing off the line, in the 1/4 mile, or 5 miles down the road.
Call this guy d-bag YouTube - Innovative Diesel 10.85@127mph Ford 6.0L Race Truck
Old 04-08-2010, 03:37 PM
shaking things up

Quote:
Originally Posted by screager312 View Post
you obviously dont know what they can do with a 6.4 then
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.