Killed a 24v? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 01:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Derek@VisionDiesel Send a message via Yahoo to Derek@VisionDiesel
Killed a 24v?

So i was driving down i5 today towards corvallis and a dodge pulling a tiny trailer with a quad on it pulls in front of me and just BLACKS OUT the road. I am thinking smoke switch or something because he didnt go anywhere haha... So i get over and pull up next to him and put my chip on "street race" which is one below extreme. I get on it a little to see if he will run.. and by this time we were slowed down to abotu 50 mph. I dont know what his truck had done to it but it black out 3 lanes of traffic as we raced from 50-85 and i beat him by 2 truck lengths.

Couldnt of been tuned right? a 24v tuned would kill me wouldnt it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2009, 01:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
well you have just about the same mods as me i dk if i can take 24v but ill eat a 12v lunch lol id say hes not tuned. and just cuz he smokes does not mean hes fast
Old 11-21-2009, 02:07 PM
<< Representin with INK

He probably just had some really big injector nozzles and untuned so it smoked like madness. lol Egts climbing with that little trailer thats why its so little lol jk Good story tho, probably made him wonder why you didnt smoke as much as him but were pulling on him, or he blamed it on the quad lol
Old 11-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I bet it was tuned...ive beat one with a edge evo form 70-100 by two lengths...anymore it all depend on how good a truck is tuned...good kill either way
Old 11-22-2009, 02:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Derek@VisionDiesel Send a message via Yahoo to Derek@VisionDiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mean97 View Post
well you have just about the same mods as me i dk if i can take 24v but ill eat a 12v lunch lol id say hes not tuned. and just cuz he smokes does not mean hes fast
I have buddies with 12v and i dont think i'd eat them for lunch. Depending on how goo you are with a wrench those trucks are FAST.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grease Monkey View Post
He probably just had some really big injector nozzles and untuned so it smoked like madness. lol Egts climbing with that little trailer thats why its so little lol jk Good story tho, probably made him wonder why you didnt smoke as much as him but were pulling on him, or he blamed it on the quad lol
yeah I know the smoke doesnt make him fast lol, i was thinking he just had a smoke switch with a stock truck or something. On the dodges that smoke switch will do wonders for rollin coal. To bad they dont go anywhere while doing it HAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDBOY24 View Post
I bet it was tuned...ive beat one with a edge evo form 70-100 by two lengths...anymore it all depend on how good a truck is tuned...good kill either way
yeah my truck is very well tuned, never will know about his though haha
Old 11-22-2009, 04:07 PM
The Screwy HEUI

Cummins' can't be tuned with custom tunes anyway, they can only use "cookie cutter" chips/programmers/modules because of the CANBUS system they use. The way to make a Cummins really fast is hard parts like a set of injectors, turbo, etc. A 24v Cummins could probably fly with a good hot tune from Edge, Smarty, etc., but what really lights the wick is induction, fuel, & some internals. The guy probably either didn't know how to drive or had crap for a chip.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:36 PM
<< Representin with INK

Oh I was mistakin then, I thought that the commin rail injection could be tuned quite a bit with pulse width and rail pressures and such. I know the old 12 valves you just get as much air and fuel in as possible lol good times with those 12 valves! Thats good to know tho, my pops has a new 6.7 cummins were gonna start modifying soon so that should be fun. Still a good story tho ha cracks me up when people runnin OBS can keep up with the big boys, Its a nice site needs to happen more often lol.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:53 PM
The Screwy HEUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grease Monkey View Post
Oh I was mistakin then, I thought that the commin rail injection could be tuned quite a bit with pulse width and rail pressures and such. I know the old 12 valves you just get as much air and fuel in as possible lol good times with those 12 valves! Thats good to know tho, my pops has a new 6.7 cummins were gonna start modifying soon so that should be fun. Still a good story tho ha cracks me up when people runnin OBS can keep up with the big boys, Its a nice site needs to happen more often lol.
Well, I know it can't be done with a 5.9 24v. I actually don't know a thing about the 6.7 & common rail injection, so you might want to do some research on that, you could be right about the pulse width, etc.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:54 PM
The Screwy HEUI

P.s.- Grease Monkey: that is one gnarley stack on your rig!
Old 11-22-2009, 05:55 PM
a truck

If all he had was some kind of tuner and it was a VP truck I wouldnt be surprised that you beat him
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.