SVT lightning's are SLOW - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 09:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SVT lightning's are SLOW

Comming back from the airport today I was being followed (i was cruising around 90mph) I figured it was no big deal and it didnt bother me any I just figured he was ready to get home just like me. I pulled into a station to get some drinks and then got back on the free way. (he also stoped) When we got on the on ramp I blew his doors off and I thought he wasnt trying to keep up. He then pulled up next to me and honked and took off. So I floored it and blew right past him. I know he was running WOT cause when he took of it was screaming and I had the sunroof open. I have rode in a lightning and by the seat of my pants it felt fast. I dont know much about these svt trucks but either they have no top end or his was ragged out. His license plate said one fast ford. He tried to race me 3 times and after the 3rd time beating him i was bored of it so just got it the hammer lane and cruised away. This was from a 65 roll to about 100mph and he could not keep up. Do svt's come in standard? They only thing I can thing of is he didnt down shift to a lower gear and bogged the truck down. Oppions please!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2009, 09:25 PM
Premium Member

I think I have seen that truck before, what color was it?
Im not sure how fast they are, but I thought they were pretty quick.

I guess Spartan tuned 6.4's are so bad azz they make everything else seem slow
Old 10-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Lightnings have no top end speed. They jump off the line, but the 4 speed behind them really has them revving at 90-100 and anything over that its really screaming. They are a hell of a fun truck to drive, but i'll stick to diesel.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

When I was drag racing there was a lightning that showed up he ran a 13.50 and I don't know if it was stock or not. But I thought that pretty fast for a truck when most Mustangs can't even run that.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNACUSTOM View Post
When I was drag racing there was a lightning that showed up he ran a 13.50 and I don't know if it was stock or not. But I thought that pretty fast for a truck when most Mustangs can't even run that.
Haha I've dragged against a couple SVT's, they weren't slow, but the closest it was to beating me was at the starting line. I don't discredit them, they are fast for a truck you can buy standard from the dealership, they just aren't anything compared to Spartan tuned 6.4's.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroken04 View Post

it was dark blue! I was between purcell and norman

I also only had the truck on the 250 tune. I thought that there were some years of lightnings that were supercharged and some that were not. I would still like to have a lightning though but I think it might look funny with a GN trailer behind it and 20 roundbales on it LOL

Last edited by FX4STROKER; 10-27-2009 at 07:57 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:31 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Gertrude
Quote:
Originally Posted by FX4STROKER View Post
Comming back from the airport today I was being followed (i was cruising around 90mph) I figured it was no big deal and it didnt bother me any I just figured he was ready to get home just like me. I pulled into a station to get some drinks and then got back on the free way. (he also stoped) When we got on the on ramp I blew his doors off and I thought he wasnt trying to keep up. He then pulled up next to me and honked and took off. So I floored it and blew right past him. I know he was running WOT cause when he took of it was screaming and I had the sunroof open. I have rode in a lightning and by the seat of my pants it felt fast. I dont know much about these svt trucks but either they have no top end or his was ragged out. His license plate said one fast ford. He tried to race me 3 times and after the 3rd time beating him i was bored of it so just got it the hammer lane and cruised away. This was from a 65 roll to about 100mph and he could not keep up. Do svt's come in standard? They only thing I can thing of is he didnt down shift to a lower gear and bogged the truck down. Oppions please!
no they were only auto the srt10 reg cab is a 6spd though
Quote:

just curious y did u sell ur truck? that truck was awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by FX4STROKER View Post
it was dark blue! I was between purcell and norman

I also only had the truck on the 250 tune. I thought that there were some years of lightnings that were supercharged and some that were not. I would still like to have a lightning though but I think it might look funny with a GN trailer behind it and 20 roundbales on it LOL
the obs lightings and the early newer lightings werent supercharged then like 2000?/2001? they became supercharged
Old 11-03-2009, 01:13 PM
IU Hoosier Fan

correct me if I'm wrong but arn't the stock Lightnings around mid 14's???
Old 11-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95Super Stroker View Post
no they were only auto the srt10 reg cab is a 6spd though

just curious y did u sell ur truck? that truck was awesome

the obs lightings and the early newer lightings werent supercharged then like 2000?/2001? they became supercharged
It wasn't economical to keep it, I drive about 100 miles per day and the vast majority of that time I don't need a truck. So I sold it and bought a tdi and started saving some money.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:33 PM

Quote:
It wasn't economical to keep it, I drive about 100 miles per day and the vast majority of that time I don't need a truck. So I sold it and bought a tdi and started saving some money.
Ive seen a few TDI jettas that HAUL butt! did you do anything to yours?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.