Dusted An Integra...Then Pulled Over...In My IDI!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 08:29 AM
The Screwy HEUI

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dusted An Integra...Then Pulled Over...In My IDI!!!

This is a story I should've put up a while ago, but never really thought about it. When I 1st got my IDI, I knew it was in need of some TLC. The previous owner did NOT have a single clue about diesels(or regular vehicle maintainence for that matter!). I put the PSD away to drive around the IDI to see if any check engine lights or any other problems that would arise in the near future. A few of the things that the previous owner completely failed on were his choice in shocks & whatever his "mechanic" jimmy-rigged for exhaust. All 4 shocks were completely dead & everytime you went over the slightest bump, it literally sounded like violent thunder inside the cab. I could only imagine what it sounded like outside the truck. & the exhaust(which is still on it)is definitely for a gasser @ 2 1/2". It has some "cheapo-depot" muffler & exhaust pipe on it that I'll bet my life is probably starving the rig for some extra MPGs & whatever performance you could squeeze out of it. The upside of the exhaust is with a V-8 N/A IDI, it makes it sound like a little hotrod, so naturally I'd romp on it just to hear the exhaust @ stop signs & red lights with the windows open.

Anyway, I had taken the truck's tires off to see what I needed for steering, suspension, & brake parts(the truck's finally up on jackstands now.......this is last year when I checked all of this, so you can see where my priorities lie). The most apparent item that needed to be changed were the brakes. The front brakes were completely uneven & the back brakes were so skinny, I don't think they were stopping by friction.......they were stopping by magic. I put the brakes & the tires back together.........& took it out for another spin.

I'm on my way to get some fuel & everytime I came to a stop, I'd hit the brake pedal & it would literally make a "fart" sound. Kinda like when you have a whoopee cushion & give it a quick squeeze, that's what they sounded like. So here I go; come to a stop sign, touch the brakes, hear a fart, & then romp on it to hear the exhaust. Mind you: I'm only going about 30-35MPH to get to the fuel station.

I'm @ the last red light before the station & an older Integra with EVERYTHING you could "soup up" a car from AutoZone is glued to this thing. It was multi-colored, had a fart can, & 3 rims that matched. He was rocking the car with the clutch back & forth @ the red light & I knew as soon as the light turned green, he was gonna "launch", cut me off, & romp on it so everyone & their grandparents could here his annoying exhaust for miles............not today, buddy.

The light turns green & we stomped on the fuel @ the same exact time, unbelievably, the IDI was ahead by inches. We both probably get up to about 50-55MPH with the green IDI a hair ahead. Suddenly, a car comes from an intersection from my side & cuts me off, I touch the brakes(*fart*) & the Integra passes me. I jump into the Integra's lane, pass the car that cut me off, jump back in my lane & start inching back to the Integra(by the way, I missed the gas station by about 1/4 of a mile already). I start passing the Integra again & before I knew it I was a car length ahead of him; & I know now exactly why:

He had seen a cop a little ways ahead of us & he was slowing down. The cop was sitting @ the next 3-way intersection on my side & about 20 feet away from him in the road was a small pothole. Luckily(@ the time) the cop was looking or reading something in his lap & wasn't paying any attention to traffic(....yet). I let off the throttle to slow down a little bit & notice my speedo- I'm doing about 55 in a 30. So here's where the - I figure I could breeze by him just as long as the light @ the 3-way stays green & I continue to let the truck slow down on it's own; ain't happening. I hit the pothole & the truck makes the most deafening BOOM I've ever heard. The cop looks up & locks right on to me doing somewhere in the low 50s. I look up & the light's red. I step on the brakes, they fart, & now the truck IS NOT STOPPING @ ALL! The cop pulls up & gets on my azz instantly.......it's only a matter of time now. The red/blues come on & I finally got the truck stopped about 1000ft. away from the red light(after the red light BTW). The Integra had stopped like nothing had happened & I knew the kid & his ugly girlfriend in the front seat were both gawking @ my misfortune. Eventually they passed by & both had their faces pressed against the glass & laughing @ me as they drove by. The cop busted me for running a red light, speeding, & having an expired inspection sticker. Surprisingly, I didn't have to go to traffic court, but I did get slapped with a hefty fine & got my ear talked off by officer di%& face.

Whadda day. Justice would've been served against another ricer if I had good suspension, no road rage, & a brake pedal that didn't fart.

Last edited by RadarRider; 10-10-2009 at 08:34 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Premium Member

lol youre fawkin hilarious.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

So you figure out what the farting noise was?
Old 10-10-2009, 01:03 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
brakes fart?

how deep was the pot hole?
Old 10-10-2009, 05:30 PM
The Screwy HEUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by orng1 View Post
So you figure out what the farting noise was?
Not yet. I think it's just some air in the lines. The "fart" sound has boggled my mind since I got the truck wondering what actually causes the fart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bockhold View Post
brakes fart?

how deep was the pot hole?
It wasn't too deep, but enough to rock my world after I ran it over. Maybe about 4" deep. New England is very well known & notorious for our horrible roads. @ my last job when I did a lot of traveling, I was absolutely stunned to find roads can actually be smooth & straight.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:45 AM

Lol thats a good story!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2009, 04:55 PM
The Screwy HEUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkspowerstroke View Post
Lol thats a good story!!!!!!
Good until the "pulled over" part. I hope I see that Integra again with my PSD. I won't even bother racing him, I just wanna see 'em gag on some chimney.............& smack his fat girlfriend with a large mouth bass.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:01 PM
The Screwy HEUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarRider View Post
................& smack his fat girlfriend with a large mouth bass.
BTW: when I say this, I mean litterally run down to the Blackstone River, catch a large mouth bass, & crack her upside her squash with the fish.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:02 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Gertrude
haha that was funny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.