My OBS killed a cummins last night - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 10:50 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My OBS killed a cummins last night

Last night a buddy and me were cruisin around in a neighboring town in my OBS and we were just drivin along, takin our time when an extended cab longbed 4x4 cummins that looked to be a 94-98 came up beside me and kept steppin into it to try to make her smoke. I just kept goin and then he said he wanted to race at the light and it was late enough there was nobody else out so I decided to give it a shot. The light turned green and I stepped on it and I heard him roarin behind me. When I got up to 50 i let out and looked back to see him about 7 truck lengths back so I stopped and waited for him at the next light. When he pulled up he was was makin sum excuse about how he didn't step on it hard enough and he wanted to give it another shot so i was like sure. The next light turned green and I stepped on it and the exact same thing happened but with a different excuse. At the third light he asked me what chip i had and he just didn't believe that I didn't have one. I asked him what he had done to his and he said he did sumthin to the pump and he had an exhaust and intake. At the last light he wanted to give it one more shot so we waited and it turned green and i only got on it about 75% of the pedal and at 50 i still had him by 4-5 lengths so i let off and let him roar by. We never saw him after that.
I was really suprised that he was that slow because my truck is slow since it's pullin 35's with 3.55 gears with only a few mods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2009, 12:35 PM

Great kill!! Always an excuse!!
Old 08-15-2009, 12:53 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
next time you see that guy tell him to drive his truck.......maybe he has bad timing.....i dont see how a stock stroker blew the doors off a cummins that had pump work done????....pump work an exhaust and intake can easy take a cummins up to 400hp.....no stock obs that i have ever driven are close......especially since he had his pump turned up..........

but good kill none the less..........you'd think he would learn after the first 2 times haha........
Old 08-15-2009, 03:49 PM

Not to doubt the ol stroker but I expected him to kill me...his sounded and smoked like it wanted to run but it just couldn't get it done

My OBS can easily outrun my dad's NBS 7.3 any day of the week but idk if that's saying much

My OBS is currently having transmission difficulties but is believed to be the TC cuz after a while it goes into High line pressure safe mode and the O/D light blinks until the computer is reset and shifts really early and badly...the funny thing was that my tranny was doin that bad shifting crap during each of the races.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:00 PM

nice i have come by some of the guys that say that no powerstroke can be faster then this truck. and I have seen some pump work done that will make a truck have a power loss rather then a power gain. Nice kill man.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:19 PM
Other vehicle is an F250

Nice kill. Reminded me that I killed a Mustang last week. He couldn't believe an 8300# truck smoked him!
Old 08-15-2009, 04:36 PM
Emergency Services

Send a message via AIM to peterbilt600x
nice kill just like the cummins i killed the other week and he had edge juice with the attitude and exhaust and intake and i had my sct with exhaust and intake and i killed it out smoked it too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.