Nissan Titan Killed...Literally - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2007, 05:58 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bigwes Send a message via Yahoo to bigwes
Nissan Titan Killed...Literally

So i got of work early last night cause of the bad weather and decided to head back to school early (100miles from summersville to fairmont). Roads were real beepbeepbeepbeepty so i was takin it easy, running in 4wheel. Come to a stretch of road and see traffic right ahead of me tryin to get stopped. Looked up and saw where a brand new nissan titan had spun out and nailed the gaurdrail HARD...came to rest blocking both northbound lanes on I-79. Called 911 and ran up to check on the guy since nobody else was helping. Dude was ok. 911 operator after learning that he was blocking both lanes ask if there was anything i could do....lol...i was smiling ear to ear.Checked things out for a minute, got the guy calmed down and set down in my truck, and gave him a cig. (he had been wondering around in the road lol.) All 4 tires were blown on his truck, front end crashed all the way back to the windsheild, tires all locked up and it was in park. Couple minutes later had the chains hooked up adn gave him a tug....truck never even knew he was back there lol, but the pavment sure did, his wheels dug ruts like an inch deep since the only way i could pull him was sideways lol. Traffic finally got moving, cop showed up about 10 minutes later and asked where the wrecker was lol....i said it was just me...thanked me big and told me i could go...truckers going by were cheering me on as they went by, guess they heard over the CB what i did, one even yelled "diesel power" lol........kinda scary too that dudes airbags didnt go off....ask him if he was gonna by a diesel now lol....get to clean all the mud and rust water stains outta the inside of my truck now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2007, 06:15 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to purduefarmboy460
Glad he was alright... sucks that the airbags didn't deploy.

Way to help out!

Of course, in this case, I think the guard rail get's the kill....
Old 02-19-2007, 06:27 AM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to bigwes Send a message via Yahoo to bigwes
yeah, guardrail def. won that one....reminded me of the PSD commercial with the truck stuck in the tunnel......just went outside to warm the truck up and found huge grease stains all over my seat...dont know how im gonna get em out...
Old 02-19-2007, 06:29 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
I am glad that no one was hurt. I hate idiots that don't get out and help at a scene of an accident.

I was in Utah about 2 hours west of Grand Junction Colorado on I-70 and came up on a roll over accident envolving one car. Out there if people don't help you and your seriously injured your a dead man. I was on the scene for 1 hour helping out before a paramedic, ambluance, or even a fire truck showed up. I had a medic bag, and a group of vetran bikers from the Vietnam era were there. We were doing the best we could. I seen an old Army Field Medic do a trache with a pocket knife, duct tape, a couple mcdonald straws and a plastic subway bag. The guy he did that on lived. All others that were involved in the crash lived as well.

I always try to make it a point to stop when I see accidents, or even a vehicle off in a ditch. You never know you may save the persons life by at least stopping and calling 911.

Nice show too pulling the truck out of the road like that too.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:31 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Great job Wes - way to help out.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:18 PM

Lucky somebody like you came by
Old 02-20-2007, 02:53 PM
im fat and ugly

thats an awesome story, i wish all us psd owners had head cams so we could all see these puppies in action
Old 02-21-2007, 09:47 AM
Premium Member

Way to go Wes, glad you could help the guy.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:07 AM
one day at a time

Great to see the caliber of people we've got here on this site! I'm a big believer in stopping to help people out. Great job Wes! I've been in your boots before, stopping to help and been surprised to see that most everybody else just keeps on truckin' by...
Old 02-22-2007, 12:43 AM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
Personnally, I'll only stop if no one has yet to help out. If the cops are already there...I'm not stopping.

Years ago a mini-truck flipped about 10-12 cars infront of me when I was home on leave. There were like 10 people helping the accident victims so I stopped and helped slow down traffic. I stayed until the cops showed and told me I could leave.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.