Good night, No wins. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2007, 11:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to 03-6.0PSD
Good night, No wins.

I was out crusing town with two buddies in my truck, and another two buddies in a F-150 4.6L went in to town and ended up playing tag, trying to find each other in town as a game with the cell phones and landmark hints, then decided to go home, get on to the hwy, and the race is on!

I was ahead of my buddy in the 150, but he being a very crazy driver passed a car in the slow lane, while he passed in the merge lane around it, I was stuck behind a chevy in the fast lane so now I was left stuck and not wanting to start passing on the right hand side, get passed the car in the slow lane and start to get in the slow lane to around the chev, and the lady driving it decides to join in. shes pinned and Im beside her in the slow lane. gaining as we carry on at about 135 km/h. as im starting to get a half a truck length I see a car in the slow lane with the tail light coming up quick.

I back off and get behind the chevy and pass the car back in to the slow lane, and gain on her pass her by a truck length, just almost to where I was gonna start going in to her lane and another car in the slow lane, forces me back to following her. the two lanes switch in to 3 lanes and I dodge in to the far right hand side because there is now another car in the middle lane and the chevy has the fast lane. I go to switch in to the middle as now this lane is clear and trying to catch my buddy whos doing well over 140 km/h. then I see the black chevy come in to the middle so I couldnt take my lane and forced back in to following her. then I jump back to the fast lane and started getting past her on the hill, and there was a tractor trailer in the middle and my buddy changed in to my lane forcing me to slow down for him and thats where she got past and turned off.

I had her intill the stupid move on his part but he didnt wanna loose either. Other then speeding I didnt do any stupid passes, but my buddy gave my other friend a white knuckle ride for sure.

I can only imagine what people thought seeing three trucks go screaming by at over 140 km/h at one point I was 150 km/h on the striaght. I was really impressed with her driving, she may not have been as fast but she drove that truck and fought me the whole time and did a beepbeepbeepbeep good job to, maybe she had racing experience. the drive home reminded me of nascar.

the worest part of the trip tonight was getting to where my other buddies parked. we got out and instantly I noticed tranny fluid everywhere. and it was coming from my truck. It was a puddle about 1 foot square, and I knew it wasnt good. it wasnt a steady stream but a constant drip. we got under the truck and its the gasket on the oil pan for the tranny. shouldnt be major I hope, but Im taking to the tranny shop tomorrow afternoon when I get off work. I will end up having them do a completly service and maybe tighten the bands, I can feel it slip now and then.

my moto still leaks and was leaking good after that run, but is not low on oil. the tranny soon stopped leaking and now doesnt even drip, the temps never went up at all. and every thing sounds fine. but it is wet with tranny oil on the trans.

if with the small set back, it was still blast, and managed to come out of it alive and with no tickets. altho im sure someone called us in. the little race lasted most of 10 minutes of basicly foot to the floor and high speeds.

145 km/h is 95 mp/h is anyone is wondering, so I also beleive that the long extend time at those speeds with the pedal floor boarded, had alot to do with the tranny leaking.

Anything Fun allways has a cost, mostly with vehicles. I hate to admit the chev Gasser did the best job tonight but with the driving she did it was beepbeepbeepbeep good.

now time to spend money on fixing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2007, 12:49 AM
Premium Member

Wow, wouldn't have got any points for that one eh, sounds like it was fun, hope the tranny is OK man.

Gord.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:28 PM

Nope no points... they just cut your liesence on the spot. lol

Tranny shop says its probley just the gasket.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:43 PM

Dude be careful! that being said when you get the sct thats on your "Future Mods List" loaded, 145kph is 3rd gear!
Old 02-16-2007, 02:01 PM
Premium Member

hahaha, Big Tone, up here thats just leaving the driveway.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by straycat View Post
hahaha, Big Tone, up here thats just leaving the driveway.
So true!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.