Better driver or are these trucks just that cool! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 06:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Better driver or are these trucks just that cool!

So i'm pretty much new to this whole diesel and Ford thing. I've been into drag racing for a long time but with yes, a Honda. I'll pause while you guys oh and . But I can say, I held my own and ran it like a pro.
On to the story. A buddy of mine has a 01 body style mustang mach1 and has talked alot of trash now that my last Honda I did has been sold and I bought my Excursion(01, 7.3, 4" turbo back, AEM brute force, Hypertech stage 3 programmer). So Finally I had enough and told him we could line it up after work.
There is a light not to far from our work and we just sat back and waited till it turned red. Flip to 4WD H, torque brake it till the truck wants to break free. Light turns green and this is where my question comes in. I watch the side lights for when they turn red and know that our light will go green in a second or two. I nail it right at green and and immediately jump out 3 car lengths on him, flip back to 2wd and and still out top of second gear, truck shifts to 3rd and he's still back there and then i shut her down as we come up on the next light and it's backed with cars.
So is it just that he doesn't know how to launch his car, or are these diesel trucks just that badass? Even if I shouldn't beat him by what anyone says here, the truck felt great and I enjoyed that, so i'm happy either way.

And before anyone says anything about street racing, sue me, i'm not gonna stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2009, 07:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

96 percent of people owning a "Muscle car" Are scared shBLEEPitless of it. 3 percent are scared less enough to have no respect for their power. We all know how THAT turns out. The rest of us understand and respect what we have and use it accordingly. And yes, these Diesels are REALLY that badazz. WILLING. Ygotta be WILLING to pull the trigger with no thought to fear. Fear causes hesitation.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Oh yea, totally agree. To me, if I was driving his mustang, I don't think that me in my EX would win. That's why I wanted to know if these heavy things are that cool and he helped me see that they are.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:38 PM

Ask your bootae! It sat in the Honda and now has ridden the EX. What does it tell you?
Old 07-15-2009, 03:40 PM
PMR = JUNK

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake
Diesels really are just that badazz. BTW, flipping it back to 2wd won't do anything, it will stay in 4 untill the load is off the drivetrain.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:23 PM

He was a bad driver. Stock mach 1's run low 13's and trap around 100mph. Your ex might be quick but not that quick.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbkerley View Post
Ask your bootae! It sat in the Honda and now has ridden the EX. What does it tell you?
Haha, yea, but my civic was a deep 10 second street car. I wish the EX was that. But I can have much more fun in the EX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Diesels really are just that badazz. BTW, flipping it back to 2wd won't do anything, it will stay in 4 untill the load is off the drivetrain.
Thanks, I wasn't sure. I had heard to flip it back and all. No need to do that anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroked02F350 View Post
He was a bad driver. Stock mach 1's run low 13's and trap around 100mph. Your ex might be quick but not that quick.
Oh, 100%. That's why I say there is no way I could win if I was driving the mustang vs my EX. The car weighs about 3k lighter than me and makes more whp. But it was fun and boosted my ego and hurt his.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:09 PM

There is no way your Excursion is faster then a mach1 stang. The only way you won is if your buddy is a crappy driver or youre really realy modified
Old 07-18-2009, 09:02 AM
Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stumblefoot
Ok here is the question for you guys, how much HP & torque can I have and "SAFELY" launch in 4wd without killing the front axle?
Old 07-18-2009, 09:25 AM

Ive seen a diesel GMC with IFS and the coworker who owned it said it was at about 600 HP and launched in 4wd.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.