2002 Powerstroke vs. 06 Mustang GT - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kill Stories A place to share Hot Rodding lies...er we mean stories.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2007, 04:14 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
2002 Powerstroke vs. 06 Mustang GT

Ok so I got this Co-worker who got a new 06 Mustang GT. It looks sweet. But he been bragging a bit about his car. So this morning I seen him coming down the road heading to work. I decided to give him a little smoke treatment. I did this before he got right behind me as if my tires broke free and started spinning I did not want to throw stones at his perty little new car. So we get to work and I ask him do you like the smell of diesel exhaust in the morning. He thought something was wrong with my truck. Being it was blowing black smoke. I just chuckled then I challenged him. This summer as soon as the track opens up we going racing. My 2002 F-250 Crew cab 4x4 with cold air intake, ts 6pos chip, built tranny, running stock gears, and soon a silverline exhaust. versus his stock 06 mustang gt. His reply to my challenge was you want to loose. I think I will be able to beat him. Giving that I know I should be pushing around 400 hp with the chip in the extreme setting. Plus he is completely stock. What are your thoughts on this. I know to launch in 4 hi, and then shift to 2wd by 3rd gear. I also know I will have to spool the turbo before launching out of the hole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2007, 04:58 AM

i know my 2002 f truck 7.3 with ts 4 pos 50 75 100 and 140 and 4 i nch straight exh with a taipan vortech box in it and 6 spd manual beats our aussie monaro over here 297 kilowatt,your american gto on the 400 meters or the quarter
Old 02-11-2007, 05:09 AM
duct tape & zip ties

I already took into consideration the wieght difference as well. I think I know all the negatives that are against me. But the positives are is I used to drag race back when I was in highschool. I been practicing my launches out of the hole. I been practicing the spooling of the turbo, and all that stuff. So now I just need to get my exhaust. Then make sure this guy ain't gonna back out. Then this spring/summer when the track opens back up we will race.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:29 AM

how much power new mustangs got and how heavy are the and are the gto a good car over there
Old 02-11-2007, 07:26 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Honestly it's going to be a tremendous long shot. You'd better hope he's got a manual and can't shift well, or misses one because that's about the only way you're going to beat him. Don't bet on 400 to the wheels in your truck, I've heard of some guys with the same mods you have including the exhaust and couldn't get past 360 to the ground. Stock 02 250 hp, TS 140, say 15hp for the intake and you're barely over 400 at the flywheel with those mods, now take off about 15-20% drivetrain loss and call it maybe 350ish. You'll probably run mid to low 15's while he'll run a a low 14.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:28 AM
Serving Our Country!

I think that you should be able to beat him with no problems, especially if he is all stock. The new mustang gt's run in the 1/4 mile in the mid 13's. So all as long as you get traction there should not be any problems.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:36 AM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Wow. Did the 7.3 suddenly become the new 12 second single tuner truck like a duramax? Don't pull the wool over his eyes. A brand new 06 Mustang GT is in the mid 13's right? Explain for us how a 7.3 will beat that with just a TS chip and intake. It's Ford vs Ford, and about 7500-8k lbs vs about 3000 with the heavier truck having a slight hp advantage. If I was a betting man I would bet every dollar I have on the mustang.

If his truck was a 6.0 it would be a much closer race.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:47 AM
I don't know nuttin....

I agree, don't put any money on this race. It should be fun but don't expect to win unless he has difficulty shifting or spinning off the line.
I have a 05 6 banger Mustang and I doubt you could beat it either. It's quick and the GTs are quicker. Less than 3k lbs and 325 hp if he stayes stock. You can buy and SCT for a mustange as easly as you can for a truck. My 05 stang being stock would be a close race with your 8k lb truck at 350 hp (which is what it sounds like you got).
By all means I hope you can whoop him just don't take it to the bank.

Last edited by Clay Henry; 02-14-2007 at 05:15 AM.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to Albie30 Send a message via Yahoo to Albie30
With your mods I think even 350 is a stretch is a prolly more like 325 You ll run in the 15 s he run low 14 s or high 13s I raced a mustang before my truck went down with Dp on 120 the water meth turned on and I also had a set of stage one single shots and he still walk right by me
Old 02-11-2007, 07:55 AM
duct tape & zip ties

This is a friendly race, I will probablly have a little more done to my truck then what is done already. But there is nothing on the line, just ford vs ford. For fun, the only thing on the line is track fee of 25 bucks. The loser pays the other guys track fee. I have more experince running the 1/4 mile then this guy. The guy has never raced a car or truck or anything before. So I am thinking that it is gonna be driver beating driver here. When it happens I am hoping to post a video of it. I guess we will see the outcome in the future. I realize that i am not getting 400 hp at the wheels. But he ain't getting all his hp at the wheels either. Besides I know hp don't win the race it helps but it is not the only factor.

Last edited by bigcountrysg; 02-11-2007 at 07:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.