Anyone With AE in Wichita Area? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Kansas Members Kansas Powerstroke.org Members Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2010, 10:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone With AE in Wichita Area?

Looking for a good shop in the Wichita area or a member with Auto Enginuity who wants to make an easy $50. Before I put any money in this truck I want to get a buzz test and a cylinder contribution test for an 01 7.3. Also, before I spend $370 on the AE I would like to see what it does on my truck.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2010, 10:37 PM

Potwin service. Alan is super nice about doing that for a little bit of nothin. I have a friend with a snapon diagnostic tool but he's a gas guy. Really really good but he's just flat scared of diesels. If you need help holler and i'll pm you my number. I've rebuilt a few powerstrokes. Between me and another friend of mine who is a certified diesel tech we can get you running.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:42 AM

Potwin is a ways out when you work 14 hour days but I'll definately keep them in mind. I only get every other half sunday off so I was hoping to find someone in Wichita so I could minimize time away from work. I appreciate the response though.

Oh, truck runs fine but before I start to put money into performance stuff like chip or gages I'd like to know if I might have a weak injector or two or how my HPOP is doing. Right now I'm debating between buying gages or the AE, right now it's either one or the other. Gages would be cool and an immediate gratification but I just know if I spend $370 on the AE, sure as ****, I'll never have another Ford again to use it on.

Last edited by Solid98; 08-16-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:39 PM
Firewood Hack

Send a message via MSN to Locust Cutter
Corey Buthe (pronounced boo-thee) owns a shop just west of Augusta called Pro Diesel and is a damn fine mechanic. I'm getting ready to pay him to do an EGR delete/stud job/oil cooler for me and he came in far better price-wise than most others. I also worked with him out at MAFB so I know he's a straight shooter.

Pro Diesel Truck & Equipment
Place page
10090 Southwest River Valley Road
Augusta, KS 67010-8714
(316) 775-1526
Get directions - Is this accurate?
Old 08-16-2010, 07:28 PM

He is a really nice guy. He was the only one out of all the mechanics in wichita or eldorado to spot that i have ambulance wiring in my early 99. Ambulances were the first 99's to roll off the assembly line so the first few f-350 pickups made had their wiring harness. Sorry. Just a bit of useless interesting info.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Another vote for pro diesel and they have a cummins makin tons of power ask them to start it up for you if you go in for some work.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:20 PM
Firewood Hack

Send a message via MSN to Locust Cutter
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcrox85 View Post
Another vote for pro diesel and they have a cummins makin tons of power ask them to start it up for you if you go in for some work.
I wonder if I make a banner for Cory and put it in my sig. if he'll help sponsor and g2g for us??? May have to ask,.... (or a discounted gauge install would be great to)
Old 08-17-2010, 08:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ya a g2g there would be great they have plenty of land and i live like a mile from there so i could bring out my dads huge azz smoker to cook for everyone!

Last edited by gmcrox85; 08-17-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:46 PM

I already talked to him about it once for the diesel day at mid america a while back. He was all for it but i guess had some family emergency and couldn't. His dodge is making respectable power on stock injector last time i talked to him. And if he doesn't want to do it there i own 80 acres to do it on. I'm thinking the lot out front of his shop doesn't come with the lease. I'm pretty sure that's what he told me when i was in there talking to him. You might still ask him though. I hate to give false info.

P.s. here's a quick plug for myself(sorry guys for the commercial). That certified diesel tech friend of mine is kendall. He and i are going to start a performance shop when i get my building put up. I asked corey if he would do performance stuff in the future and he seemed pretty sure he wouldn't. So with him giving a no we decided it would be a prime opportunity for us. I figured i'd throw that out there to kind of give a heads up to the local diesel community. We don't have a diesel "pro shop" so to speak of around here.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:06 PM

Nothing like putting a post up asking for help then forgetting I put it there.

I forgot about Pro Diesel. I never get around Augusta but I do remember driving past a couple of times. I'll try to give him a call in a cuuple of days.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by Solid98; 08-17-2010 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Edit for spelling. It's my CDO kicking in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.