Sled pull in Dubuque IA Sept 29th - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Iowa Members Iowa Powerstroke.org Members Forum

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2007, 09:50 PM
one day at a time

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sled pull in Dubuque IA Sept 29th

Just thought I'd throw this out there and see if it got any interest. On Saturday Sept. 29th there is going to be a pull at the Dubuque Co. fairgrounds. Sounds like it should be a big show. It starts at 3pm and in addition to all the normal classes of trucks/tractors there will be a 6000# over/under class as well. I'm thinking of pulling in the 6000# and over, should be some good street diesel competition I'm hoping. If anybody checks this thread and lives fairly close feel free, it would be nice to meet some of you guys that I'm always chatting with on here.

Here's a link to the flyer:
http://www.fantasytruckpullers.com/FantasyFlyer.jpg

there will also be a band, bbq, and bonfire in the beer tent after the pull is over!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2007, 04:21 PM
one day at a time

bump to the top! Anyone??
Old 09-20-2007, 06:31 PM

I'll be there to watch, and drink, drink, drink...No pullin for me tho, can't "afford" to break anything...yet..lol
Old 09-21-2007, 03:49 AM
one day at a time

I'll be doing a little pulling, and a lot of watching right beside you... and a few beers too once I'm done. Where are you from Gasman?
Old 09-21-2007, 06:22 AM

Center Point Area.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:31 AM
one day at a time

Cool, I work in Cedar Rapids at the paper mill with a bunch of guys live up your way. Your right down the road from BWD too right? I'm thinking you're RSeick off of TDG too if I'm not mistaken... Looking forward to the pull and hopefully meeting a lot of you guys. Don't know how well I'll do as I've only tried it once and that was a courtesy hook at our county fair against no competition, but no matter what as long as nothing breaks I know I'll have fun!
Old 09-21-2007, 11:38 AM

Shoot I work just down the road from the paper mill. I work for Day mechanical in the office, right across from Midwest Wheel. I prolly know a bunch of the pipefitters at the Paper Mill too. Yeah you guess right, Im RSieck on TDG. I dont know why I changed my nickname..oh well. Yeah, BWD is in town, I live about 5 miles south of CP right off of I380.

I've really only pulled once too, and that was a couple of years ago with my old truck. I was supposed to back in August but the pull got rained out. Hopefully next year I'll make a few pulls. Kinda reluctant to do it now, I have 175k on the clock, and I think it's the original tranny. So I'm saving pennies to get a good one.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:42 PM
one day at a time

Good luck on the penny saving... I'm always doing that too, but never seem to get much saved up, always something needs taken care of first. Good to know you're going to Dubuque, we'll have to meet up when we're there for a more formal intro...
Old 09-30-2007, 07:20 AM
one day at a time

Ryan, it was great to meet you last night, and Billy and I both thought your truck was real sharp! He's got the exact same truck and I think you gave him some ideas. Its all he talked about all the way home.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:26 AM

Yeah it was really nice to meet you too. He wasn't the only one talking about trucks on the way home. We had to stop in Dyersville to look for trucks for my brother, I couldn't keep my mouth shut telling what I need to do with mine, I guess its just never ending saga.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.