First Ford - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Introductions This is the place that you introduce yourself

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2007, 07:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
First Ford

Well, I Went And Done It. I Bought My First Ford. But, I Went For The Top When I Done It. I Just Purchased A 1995 F-250 Xlt Supercab Long Bed 4x4. It Has The 7.3dit With The(yuk!!) E4od Trans. It Has 138,000 Miles On It And I Bought It From The Orignal Lady Owner. The Truck Is Equipped With 4.10:1 Gears And A Locker In The Rear With Lockouts On The Front. I Am Basically Looking For Mild Performance Improvements That Will Not Have Much Negative Effect On The Life Of The Engine Or Drivetrain. We Are Going To Use It For Travelling With My Daughters Fastpitch Softball Team With A Slide In Camper. I Have Already Installed A K&n Filter And I Am Looking At A 4" Turbo Back Exhaust From Motoblue. I Think I Am Going To Fab My Own Cold Air Kit Instead Of Paying $300.00 For An Aftermarket Unit. Any Help With These Topics Would Be Greatly Appreciated. Keep On Truckin'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2007, 07:24 PM
<<---"Shadow"---

Send a message via Yahoo to sea71
to the site, and congrats on your truck!! You are heading in the right direction already. Making your own cold air box will definately save you a dime or two. Oh, and you may wanna doa little research on here about the K&N air filter. Not a lot of good things to be said from the techs. The 4" exhaust will definately help you keep down the EGTs and will aid in performance as well. Once those projects are complete, and the "powerbug" has you wanting more, find yourself a tuner or chip that is tailored to your liking. Also get some gauges in there to watch everything before you add a power programmer, etc. A bare minimum is an EGT gauge and Trans. temp gauge. Hope you the best of luck with your project!
Old 01-21-2007, 07:33 PM
one day at a time

to the site!!!
Old 01-21-2007, 07:37 PM

What Is The Problem With The K&n? I Have Had One In Every Veh I've Owned And Never Had A Problem. I Am An Auto Tech By Trade And Have Been For @15 Years. The Only Problem I Have Seen Is That There Are People Who Think More Oil Is Better. We All Know That Is Not True. Please Give Me Some Input On These Problems. I Would Like To Know. Thanks For The Insight.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:39 PM
im fat and ugly

Old 01-22-2007, 02:08 PM

I have the utmost respect for anybody who works on these things , or any automobile , for a living Glad to have ya
Old 01-22-2007, 02:13 PM
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER

Welcome to the Forum!

Ditto on everything Sea71 said, I have heard enough bad things about K&N's to replace mine. I also run them in everything, but they just don't filter dirt enough for a turbo. I'm sold on them as far as gassers go.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:37 PM
Jon

Well

Since your first ford is a 7.3 it will probably be your last. Youll have it for ever.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:55 PM
Premium Member

Old 01-24-2007, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeno View Post
I have the utmost respect for anybody who works on these things , or any automobile , for a living Glad to have ya
DEENO,
THANKS FOR THE COMMENT. NOT MANY PEOPLE LIKE US MECHANIC TYPE PEOPLE. THEY SEEM TO THINK THAT WE ARE ALL RICH AND CHARGE TWICE AS MUCH AS THE REPAIR IS WORTH. FEEL FREE TO HALLER ANYTIME YTOU NEED SOMETHING. I SPEND MOST OF MY TIME WORKING ON GAS BURNERS, BUT I DO WORK ON THE OCCAISIONAL "ROD KNOCKER".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.