Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New here from Calif.

1K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  ABOBB 
#1 ·
I just came across this part of the site. I have had several big riggs but never a 1 ton for 25 years. I had a hard choice to make and have been a Chevy guy most of my life. My last dually owned was in 79 and swore to never own another. I could get a sweet deal on a Dodge but other than the Cummins I didnt care for them either. I settled on the Ford F350 mostly from friends that have all these different trucks. I really have no major complaints.
I knew once I got the truck that GM would fix all the things I didnt care for.
I will play with the Ford for another year then see what else is around.
I have raced cars all my life and have at least learned, The most horsepower and torque is not always the best combination for the life of the engine.
Looks like a GREAT site. DP

#4 ·
Welcome to the site!! Im not sure exactly where your town is...but if it isnt too terribly far form the salinas/monterey area....we are having a site get together for cali towards the end of february...let us know if your interested!!!

#7 · (Edited)
(I settled on the Ford ):yikes: I bet in a few months you will be so glad that you did. You have found The Ford Lover of the USA right here. :) :)

He lives here.. Maybe it will work.
Map of Sylmar, CA by MapQuest

#14 ·
:chicken: :welcome1: :welcome1: :welcome1: :chicken:

#18 ·
I'm late to this party too.. but still want to say
Welcome To Powerstroke.org

Give it some time.. and hang around the folks here long enough, and you'll never want anything but a Ford again... I was a diehard Chevy guy myself until I bought my SD... wouldn't trade if for anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.