Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

newbe from Denver , CO

1K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Jon 
#1 ·
I'm new to the site , I've had my 99 Super Duty since new , as of today (1-17-07) it has 99,933 miles on it and over 60K has been pulling a trailer , usually with my racecar.

#5 ·
:chicken: :welcome1: :welcome1: :welcome1: :chicken:

#7 ·
:welcome1: to the forum! Sounds like your truck has paid for itself several times over. Fill out your signature when you get a chance and be sure to include any mods you've done to your truck if any... I know you'll enjoy it here!

#10 ·
yes , the weather has cleared up but , .......

The sun was out today and it hit about 50 degrees , clear enough so the building inspector could do the rough framing inspection on my new garage and it passed , now for the doors , and electrical . I could sure use it today , my Explorer needs a water pump and the SD died today , after scaning it ....... low fuel press & #2 & #4 injectors . I think I'll fix the Explorer first , so I have a way to go get parts , the AMX just won't go in the snow (40 series tires , 4" of ground clearence and 500hp aren't a good combo for snow packed streets)

#12 ·
The sun was out today and it hit about 50 degrees , clear enough so the building inspector could do the rough framing inspection on my new garage and it passed , now for the doors , and electrical . I could sure use it today , my Explorer needs a water pump and the SD died today , after scaning it ....... low fuel press & #2 & #4 injectors . I think I'll fix the Explorer first , so I have a way to go get parts , the AMX just won't go in the snow (40 series tires , 4" of ground clearence and 500hp aren't a good combo for snow packed streets)
Glad to hear the weather has cleared up out there:cool: Hey, when you get a chance, post some pics of some of your rides in your garage or signature. Big fan of the late 60's-early 70's muscle cars myself:D

#13 ·
Welcome:punk: :welcome1: :welcome1: :welcome1:

#15 ·
:burnout Love the muscle cars, always liked the 70 AMX, never did have one though. Just missed getting one about 2 years ago, the guy that looked at it before me put a deposit on it and picked it up the next day, turned out to be a guy I worked with too.:yikes:

#16 · (Edited)
cold again today ....

......... I'll post some pics in my garage in the near future . The AMX that is pictured I've had almost 29 yrs now . It's well used and abused , countless autocrosses and open track events , a road race (wheel to wheel) series in 1985 , an open road race in Nebraska last August and the Silver State Classic 5 times , with a best 90 mile average of 139+ mph and a Certified top speed of 180 mph May 21, 2000 the last time I ran the Silver State .
The locals and many people in the AMC Hobby know the car by name "Thumper" , it's rough around the edges and it's street legal .

If you want to go racing , ya got ta get to the track , thats why I pull with a Super Duty Powerstroke .

#17 ·
Impressive history on that car, looking forward to seeing some pictures of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.