i just need some advice here - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Introductions This is the place that you introduce yourself

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 08:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation i just need some advice here

woo ford!!! lol

ok can anyone give me some advice on this its kinda hard to explain

me and my girlfriend have been well not officially dating but you know pretty much for 4 years now and i love her with everything i got but now that we are officially dating (and thats only been for 2 months) because i had to wait to ask because her dad didnt want her dating till she was 18 so he didnt even really now about me but i want to ask her to marry me and i already know how i want to do it i picked out the ring and everything and she knows i am going to do it and my friend brought a good question and he asked if i was going to ask her dad and to be honest it never even crossed my mind and i asked her if she thought i should and she told me yeah but the problem is as far as he knows i have been dating her for 2months and i dont want to come off as some puck kid who is falling head over heal and doesnt know what i am getting into and i want to be taken seriously and not to mention wer pretty young she just turned 18 and im about to turn 19 and i mean were gonna wait to get married i just really want to be able to say that i am engaged to her and say that she is my fiance but the whole problem is she wants me to ask her dad before i ask her what the heck am i gonna do im effin stressin out over here any ideas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2009, 08:35 PM
Premium Member

I can tell your stressed, not a single period in the whole paragraph!!
If you love this girl like you say you do just go talk to her father and be honest and tell him how you feel about his daughter. Hopefully he will understand.

IMO your too young to be getting so serious anyway. Have you really lived your life yet?? Are you ready to settle down with 1 woman??

Not trying to be a downer but i've been there twice and you really need to be ready for this kind of commitment. GOOD LUCK!
Old 03-13-2009, 08:17 AM
I don't know nuttin....

can you say "run on sentence" :lol

Old 03-13-2009, 08:27 AM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Well I think that you should go ask her dad, it is the honarable thing to do. Have you gus spent much time together in the since that you are say living together or something. I dont belive that a marriage can work unless you have lived together for a while. You will learn so much about the person you never knew!
Old 03-13-2009, 08:33 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Don't do it I repeat Don't do it.

She is only 18 and still green. The possibility of the marriage lasting is slim. Give her a chance to experince life a bit. Plus this will allow you to have an official relationship with her for a while.

If you ask her dad for her hand in marriage this soon. It is gonna open up a can of worms you do not want open.

He thinks the two of you have only been dating for a couple months. By asking for her hand in marriage could destroy not only your relationship with her father. But also the relationship you have with her.

I say wait at least another 1-2 years before you ask for her hand in marriage.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Way to young brother. She WILL change and so will you. You don't have to be married in order to tell her or show her you love her. I already know how her dad will react if she couldn't date until she was 18 and it's not going to be fun for you!

Just take it slow and if things work out after a year or so then ask her. Her dad will also have time to get to know you and not think your a lunatic.

If that was my daughter I would tell you to hit the road...just my .02
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.