Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Proud new F350 owner

1K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Hayman 
#1 ·
Hello All-

Just wanted to stop by and introduce ourselves. We just bought a 99 F350 Crew cab,7.3L turbo diesel and couldn't be more happy with it. The dealer replaced all ball joints saying it would get rid of the "knocking" sound, but come to find out it needs bushings as well, so they are gonna do that too!!! This is our first venture with a big truck and more so with the diesel. I was wondering also if anyone has done anything with their diesel in the biodiesel area. What kind of mods are you looking at if any, or do you just make it, pump it in and go? Do you so our lack of experience in this area?!:) Is the biodiesel really worth it, will it void any warrenty which we do have a 24,000/2 year warrenty? Any input in this area would be highly appreciated and just some common knowledge of how to get longevity out of these rigs. We are the type of people who buy a car and drive it for the long haul, OK no pun intended!!!! I'd post a pic but we don't have one yet!!! I'll get one soon!!!

Looking forward to hearing from you:bluewink:

#6 ·
Welcome to the Forum, Marla!!!

#7 ·
:chicken: Welcome to the site! hope you enjoy it as much as i do!!:D

#8 ·
WELCOME! I'm sure Clay or one of the other members into BIO will be along shortly to help with your questions. :)

#9 ·
WELCOME to the greatest site on the planet.! Im sure you will enjoy coming here for the wealth of knowledge that is to be found, and the good friendships to be made. :D

#10 ·
WELCOME ABOARD!!!!:welcome1:

Great to have another member from the Great Northwest!:woot

And as everyone else said, CHenry is big into Bio and can certainly answer questions.:cool: :D

#11 ·
:welcome1: to Powerstroke .org
Well i see i have been put on the spot here...lol
Actually i use straight vegi oil, not Bio Diesel. I opted to stay away from the Bio-D because of the time involved, the setup needed to make it and the dangerous chemicals involved with making it. You can buy it however...i have seen it in bulk for less than 2 bucks a gallon. Bio-D blended with your diesel any stronger than 5% (B-5) will cause problems at the dealer if they find out. Ford does not condone the use of Bio-D in blends stronger than that. You may see Co-Ops selling Bio-D around the US in B99 B20 B10 and some B5. These numbers indicate the percentage of Bio-Diesel to regulare Diesel - B99 is 1 part Diesel and 99 parts Bio-Diesel.
If you choose to use it, get you a supply of fuel filters cause Bio-D will superclean any deposits from your tank and fuel lines, thus clogging your filters in a short time. You will have to change those filters probably 2000 miles, again at maybe 5000 miles and hopefully after that you can resume regular filter change intervals.
If your interested in doing the straight vegi oil, i can give you more info on the heated fuel system conversion required for that. Check out the link in my sig to see the system i am running for straght vegi oil...i have had it for the last 11k miles so far and I love the money it saves me in fuel.
Again, Welcome!!

#12 ·
:chicken: :welcome1: :welcome1: :welcome1: :chicken:

#13 ·
Glad to Have you

:welcome1: :welcome1: :flag: WELCOME to Powerstroke .org :welcome1: :flag:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.