Trying again for the 4rd time to do introduction - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Introductions This is the place that you introduce yourself

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2014, 01:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Trying again for the 4rd time to do introduction

I am getting pissed. This is my 3rd attempt to do an introduction. Damnable computer rejected an off hit key and kicked me out the third try... One more try and if this doesn't work, then forget it.

I just bought a 2008 Ford F205 6.4 liter diesel. I am worried about the emission control systems that have destroyed the engines of others owners of this model truck. I love this big, powerful, high cab truck. I have a bad back and sitting upright in this truck feels like a doctor's order. Its a man's vehicle. But I worry over the destructive impacts the EGR and DPF have on the engine. My conundrum is should I spend $3000 to remove them or should I buy mechanic breakdown insurance to cover catastrophic destruction of my engine if the EGR cooler breaks down and destroys my engine costing me $15,000 to install a new engine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have some understand of engine internal workings but these new pollution control systems are difficult to understand. I sure do not want to pull $3000 out of my savings. Paying about $75 a month for breakdown insurance sounds more appealing. Want to do???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2014, 02:05 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by burrispb View Post
I am getting pissed. This is my 3rd attempt to do an introduction. Damnable computer rejected an off hit key and kicked me out the third try... One more try and if this doesn't work, then forget it.

I just bought a 2008 Ford F205 6.4 liter diesel. I am worried about the emission control systems that have destroyed the engines of others owners of this model truck. I love this big, powerful, high cab truck. I have a bad back and sitting upright in this truck feels like a doctor's order. Its a man's vehicle. But I worry over the destructive impacts the EGR and DPF have on the engine. My conundrum is should I spend $3000 to remove them or should I buy mechanic breakdown insurance to cover catastrophic destruction of my engine if the EGR cooler breaks down and destroys my engine costing me $15,000 to install a new engine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have some understand of engine internal workings but these new pollution control systems are difficult to understand. I sure do not want to pull $3000 out of my savings. Paying about $75 a month for breakdown insurance sounds more appealing. Want to do???

Where do you live? Depends if they test diesels for emissions in your state or not. Have you read the sticky in tr 6.4 section about deletes, tuning, ECT?

Welcome by the way!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 06-21-2014, 02:24 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Do some reading in the 6.4 section and you will come to your own conclusion.I`m sure you will end up deleting.If you get a warranty make sure you read though it well, usually they try to void you for the simplest reasons
Old 06-21-2014, 04:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Trying to respond but having trouble with this website. I am in South Carolina where we have no emissions testing. I do not understand many abbreviations such as tr 6.4. And others. I want to rid my new truck of these damaging emission control systems. But it is so darn expensive, $3000 by local diesel mechanic. Don't know if I should get mechanical breakdown insurance or have these things removed. Could I have the removal done in stages so that my savings is not so depleted in one action?
Old 06-22-2014, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Glad to have you - to the ORG!!

A couple of places to take a look at:
If you haven't already - Ford 08 and newer 6.4L Powerstroke Forums - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Carolina Powerstroke Association - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum - Chapter for Carolina members
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
paul

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.