Late Intro Thread - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Introductions This is the place that you introduce yourself

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2014, 07:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Late Intro Thread

Well, I'm here to learn a little more about the Powerstroke. My cousin just picked up a 97 Ford Powerstroke and Dwayne sent me this way as a resource.

We've had a lot of Powerstroke's at work, but I'm a Duramax guy at heart. (Don't ban me).

I personally have owned quite a few diesel trucks, my current truck is an 05 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Duramax. Crew Cab Short Bed 4wd LT

Mods so far...
Lift Pump
2" drop shackles
h2 rims
Debadged
AD2 200 Lift Pump
Edge Insight CTS
LEDS all the way around
Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks
Put a stock bumper back on it.

When I bought the truck it has 295/75/16 tires with quick lift blocks in the rear and leveling keys in the front. I removed the blocks, put in stock keys and installed new stock-ish sized tires on h2 rims.

I have big goals for the truck, but it'll take me awhile to get there. The truck's primary purpose is a tow truck, but what tow truck shouldn't go fast.

Tuning will be by Idaho Rob at Adrenaline Truck Performance.

Here are some pics, the top is how it was when I bought it and bottom is a progress photo.

More progress photos, I don't have a real current photo, but the truck rims are plasti dipped now.

My cousin has been helping me with this project and I was glad to see him finally join the diesel club himself.

Other than the Duramax project I also have a '78 Ford Bronco project my cousin and I have been working on. It's getting a full cage put in it right now by Black Star Customs, it will be a long traveled Bronco with 3" x 16" ADS coil overs in the front.

I have a build thread over on another AutoGuide forum for Broncos. I won't link to it, since I still don't know all the rules yet.

I'm pretty active on a few AutoGuide forums including Full Size Bronco and Duramax Forum.

Well.... I hope to learn some good information here. The goal of the Powerstroke is a reliable daily driver and tow truck. He doesn't have a huge budget, but if you have any suggestions of small inexpensive upgrades please let me know.

Truck is at my house right now (he's actually driving my Duramax), we're going to be putting a water pump in it this week, additionally replacing coolant sensors. He went through and thoroughly detailed the truck over a couple days and it still could use some more attention. Sometime along the way here I'll try to get some pictures of it posted up.

The truck appears to be pretty stock, it's had a tune before, but doesn't appear to now. If I recall the book I found in the truck was for a Superchips. It doesn't have an intercooler or other upgrades like that yet, I understand that's an upgrade to look into later as well. It's an F250 Extended Cab Long Bed 4wd with Solid Front Axle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2014, 07:15 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

welcome aboard man, no one should ban you. I'm over on the dmax forum, great bunch of ppl over there and theyve welcomed and accepted me, and we shall do the same.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBoyJay's 08 KR250 View Post
welcome aboard man, no one should ban you. I'm over on the dmax forum, great bunch of ppl over there and theyve welcomed and accepted me, and we shall do the same.
I appreciate it, that's the way it should be. Most of us give each other a hard time, but all appreciate the same industry. I've met a lot of really good people in the diesel truck industry.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Crazy, didn't realize it had been 2+ years since I had joined the forum without making any posts. Guess this intro thread was WELL overdue, haha.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDFDiesel View Post
I appreciate it, that's the way it should be. Most of us give each other a hard time, but all appreciate the same industry. I've met a lot of really good people in the diesel truck industry.
ya, our trucks all have their own seperate flaws, but your right at the end of the day we all appreciate a good diesel...
Old 05-26-2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDFDiesel View Post
Crazy, didn't realize it had been 2+ years since I had joined the forum without making any posts. Guess this intro thread was WELL overdue, haha.
wow.. ya for sure overdue intro needed..
Old 05-26-2014, 08:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBoyJay's 08 KR250 View Post
ya, our trucks all have their own seperate flaws, but your right at the end of the day we all appreciate a good diesel...
Agreed...

I really like this 97 Powerstroke, always been a fan of them. Can't wait to see this thing progress.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Glad to have you - to the ORG!!

If you go up to the top nav bar and click on "Forums." Then scroll down to the various engine sizes and year models. If you don't mind reading, I'm sure you'll find answers. If not, don't be afraid to ask.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCrutyPS View Post
Glad to have you - to the ORG!!

If you go up to the top nav bar and click on "Forums." Then scroll down to the various engine sizes and year models. If you don't mind reading, I'm sure you'll find answers. If not, don't be afraid to ask.
I appreciate it, thank you.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Welcome to the site.

Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.