Introductions This is the place that you introduce yourself

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-07-2014, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looking toward "Retirement"

New here, looking to learn a LOT about these trucks in an effort to specialize in solving their problems.

I grew up in my Dad's independent auto shop in the fifties and sixties. Lots of engine and drivetrain work and LOTS of a/c experience.

Got out of the Army in '71 and worked my way through college in a Factory Truck Shop. Cummins and Detroit work mostly.

Since that time I have wrenched quite alot, but not for a living. I enjoy solving problems and learning. I enjoy very much wrenching and learning the idiosynchrocies of a vehicle breed.

I am retiring in about a year and am looking into learning more about the problems and peculiarities of the Powerstroke and possibly specializing in them. I live in a rural area where about every other vehicle that drives by is seemingly a Powerstroke, so I expect a lot of demand for competent and honest work on them. I've already read alot about them and have had some exposure to minor issues.

I have a small shop with one lift. I am considering building a shop specifically laid out for Powerstroke trucks, with two lifts so as to have more than one cab off at a time so that I can work on one while waiting parts and machine work for the other. My thinking is to have tools and work benches between the two lift areas and a walking beam above the area behind where the cab will be on the lift. The walking beam will go across both bays. I'm also thinking of a third short, no lift bay for light work and/or storage.

I look forward to lots of time reading and learning on this impressive forum.

Doc
ASE Master (expired)
Diesel Lover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-07-2014, 09:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome from north Texas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 F-250 Lariat
35" Toyo ATs
20" Moto Metal wheels
2" front leveling kit w/ 1" rear blocks
Billit grille and bumper inserts
NFab Nerf bars
2013 tailgate, tail lights and rear bumper
Blue spring
Straight exhaust
dual Rancho steering stabilizers
Bully Dog gauge tuner
Weather Tech floor mats
JVC GPS, backup camera, satellite radio, DVD
Chrome door handles
Tinted windows w/ windshield strip

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-08-2014, 01:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Welcome to the site.

Tony

SHOP HERE FOR AWESOME
post #4 of 6 Old 11-23-2015, 06:47 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well, I am starting over after registering here about a year and a half ago. About that time my Mom got sick and my wife and I have been immersed in caring for her. Also my retirement was delayed, so I have finally circled back around to building a new shop.

I would like to find a 6.0 or a 6.4 with a broken motor to start on. I can do this one in my old shop to get started. I hope to get some good information here and ultimately maybe I can provide some good information.

Doc
ASE Master (expired)
Diesel Lover
post #5 of 6 Old 11-23-2015, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,068 Times in 1,005 Posts
Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 1212 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sounds like a lot of change, hope your mom is well.

GD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0Stroker View Post
It's Toren. .. don't question it ..
post #6 of 6 Old 11-23-2015, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Garage
Glad to have you - to the ORG!!

I understand watching over the Mom. Mine is 84. (Dad passed in '11) She still lives on her own, in relatively good health and sometimes very ornery (go figure). But ya do what ya gotta do.

Hope your Mom is doing okay!

Owner | Operator: Darryl
My Truck Garage:

Tow Toy Garage :

United States Navy - IC2 - '76-'80
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode