Greetings from England - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Introductions This is the place that you introduce yourself

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2006, 08:00 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Greetings from England

Hi folks
I'm going to really need you guys! About three months ago I sold my Chevy Silverado 454 and bought a 1995 F250 Powerstroke Diesel. Considering that I don't know anything about diesels (I'm a custom bike builder), this was perhaps foolhardy and even more so because there is absolutely no support or knowledge of this vehicle over here.
This didn't occur to me as I happily drove my new aquisition for 3000 miles or more without a hint of a problem. Then one day it died and I started reading forums. It seems that, apart from serious diesel-heads, everybody has problems with the reliability and complexity of this unit, unlike my old Chevy gasser, which could be repaired with a self-grip wrench and a heavy hammer.
Love the truck and in Britain, it's almost unique and twice the size of anything else. Got to find a way to keep it going!

Last edited by shunt; 11-15-2006 at 08:27 AM. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2006, 08:46 AM
Conservative and Proud

WELCOME ABOARD!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 08:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Welcome to the board. There are some good people on here that should be able to help you with your venture. Some are actual Ford diesel technicians and very helpful in addition to being extremely accomodating. I unfortunately am in your shoes when it comes to diesel info. Stick around and I'm sure someone will be along to assist.

Terry
Old 11-15-2006, 09:13 AM

Welcome aboard... You've come to the right place for information and help... I'm sure one of the techies will be along soon....

Ken....
Old 11-15-2006, 09:23 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas.
I got into US trucks because I build bikes which are too long fit on the average British Ford or Mazda. Started with a Chevy and now the Ford. I soon noticed that kids point in wonder at the beast as it rolls past and even more importantly, every female I know seems eager to climb into the cab, hence, I got hooked. This reaction is because, over here, we've always had higher prices at the pumps, so almost all UK vehicles are what you'd probably call "compact". Most British diesel pickups have 2.7L four cylinder engines.

Hey, can you hear my English accent when you read my posts?
Old 11-15-2006, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Hey, can you hear my English accent when you read my posts?
Bloody right we can.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:50 AM

i couldn't even imagine having a truck that large over in england i remember when i was over there the last to summers the biggest truck i saw was a Toyota Tacoma lol minus the H2 hummer i saw that was promoting a new video game
Old 11-15-2006, 10:03 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
WELCOME to POWERSTROKE.org!
I lived in Italy for 3 years so I couldn't even IMAGINE something that size on a European street anywhere. You must draw a ton of attention.
We have some great Technicians on here who are always willing to help. What all problems or symptoms are you having with the rig?
Old 11-15-2006, 10:16 AM

Send a message via MSN to DBenson
That's a monster truck in the UK!

I spent a lot of time working in the UK, away from my family.... and that is indeed a BIG vehicle for your neck of the woods!

Nothing wrong with England, but I'll never forget how good it felt to land in Toronto, after 2-1/2 months in England, and see a full size Ford truck on the tarmac!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 10:30 AM

Ok, since you asked, here we go. Truck died without warning about 40mins into a journey. Running perfectly up until that moment. Flatbed home. Read some threads. Checked all fuses. Ordered cps from US ebay, waited. Swapped out cps (bolt head was round ), still no start. Replacement CPS appears to be pattern part. Have ordered genuine Ford replacement just in case (will keep as spare, if not). Oil level good and clean. Fuel in filter housing and no water. Glow plug timing seems about right. I reckon need a diagnostic interface for ipaq, or some way of pulling up codes. Any suggestions?

Only slight worry before sudden death was that the oil gauge would sit at 0 at idle and had done so since I got the truck. Any increase in revs, however slight, caused it to jump instantly to normal where it would stay during driving.

Truck has covered about 3000mls since I got it without a hint of trouble.

It seems to be stock under the bonnet, as far as I can tell, though the exhaust is huge. I don't know if 4" is standard or this indicates some previous modding.

Sorry. Bonnet=Hood

Last edited by shunt; 11-15-2006 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Translation error
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.