Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

new looking for advice

526 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  WVRidgeRunner 
#1 ·
Hey everyone whats up? New to the place. Don't have a diesel yet, but I am looking to get one so any help I can get from ya'll would be awesome

#2 ·
starting with a 7.3 isn't a bad idea and working your way up, 7.3s are simple to work on, there is a bunch of upgrades, they are rock solid trucks, I would cruise through the forum section tons of good info in there on all the trucks through the years.

I have a 6.0 and love it but everyone has their own opinion and as always

:ORG welcome:

Happy searching

#3 ·
:ORG welcome:
Tons of useful info here, start reading and ask all the questions you want.:)

#4 ·
Glad to have you - :welcome2: to the ORG!!

A lot is going to depend on what you have to spend or save to get the one you want.

Old Body Style -
94-98 - 7.3L
Super Duty -
'99-'03 - 7.3L
'03-'07 - 6.0L
'08-'10 - 6.4L
'11-'?? - 6.7L

There are sections for each of the above. Go to the top Nav bar, click on Forums and scroll down to find each. Lots of reading material. Enjoy!!!

#5 ·
I've wrenched on diesels my entire career, and have always considered the 7.3 to be a rock-solid performer. We have a bunch of the newer engine Super Duties at work and DuraMax chevys, but I just can't let go of the 7.3. You're not gonna go wrong with any of them as long you get one that's been taken care of and hasn't been run hard and put up wet all the time with no maintenance. 7.3 trucks are pretty simple to do about anything you want to do to them but you can learn how to fix any of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.