Kalifornia Duramax looking to possibly change - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Introductions This is the place that you introduce yourself

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2013, 11:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Kalifornia Duramax looking to possibly change

Hello,
I live in SoCal and currently own an 03 GMC that is slightly tricked out. I love the truck, but looking at new trucks. I recently purchased a little Ford CMax Energi for work and the car is awesome for what it is. So awesome that I am considering a Ford truck now after several less than mediocre Ford experiences in the past.

I am curious if any of you Kali guys trick out your new 6.7s. I currently get 19 mpg in my 03 Duramax 4X4 with mixed driving and never slower than 75 on the freeway here, it is a pretty good truck. I am hoping to see some comparable real world economy out of a potential Ford or to find out what mods need to be done to achieve better economy.

I am a construction inspector (roads/bridges/infrastructure), so I work outdoors. I also play outdoors, hunting and fishing mostly. I also have grandkids and we ride motorcycles in the desert during the winter.

I tow my boat and a 5th wheel. I do light offroading in pursuit of game occasionally .

Thanks,
Scott
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2013, 02:33 PM
Premium Member

Hey bud,
Where bouts in so cal are ya? im out in the riverside area. A few months ago I bought an 05 PSD 6.0 and I love it. They are very good truck, if you do the basic preventative maintenance to em.

Andy
Old 11-24-2013, 02:35 PM
Premium Member

Welcome
Old 11-24-2013, 03:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hi Andy, I live in Cherry Valley, but in process of moving to Yucca Valley right now. Should be all moved in by December 31st.

I drove an 04' 6.0 that had an Edge programmer and AFE intake/exhaust for a while. It was a nice truck, very fast. It was a loaner to me while my GMC was being fitted with an air intake. That truck really gave me the bug to start doing small mods on my duramax, when I realized the potential these diesels have.

I can see you like the ponies. My wife's friend just bought a new convertable mustang, nice car.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Old 11-25-2013, 08:26 PM
Premium Member

Ur not far at all. I'm down the hill from ya in san jacinto. Its crazy how much potential these trucks have as long as u do the basic preventative stuff ull be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.