Want a Ford - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Introductions This is the place that you introduce yourself

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2013, 04:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Want a Ford

Here I am, trying to sort everything out. We live in the Northeast (for now) which is one of the worst environments for used vehicles in the country. But we got a slide in camper last year and now find we want a diesel one ton to haul it around with. Right now it's on our 07 sierra 6l gasser 2500HD but at 4400 lbs or so the truck is working hard to carry it up grades and such. It does it, but like my buddy said to his equipment torturing wife, "just because it WILL do it doesn't mean it was MEANT to do it".

I grew up in a Ford family, and although my last 2 trucks were Sierra HD's, I'm trying to persuade myself to go Ford, or at least not be talked out of it easy. So here I am, trying to learn everything I can before we get something. Our problem right now is, reading about all the work needed to make a 6.0 PS good is really turning me off to those years. We only have about 15k to spend and if we would need another 6 or 7 thousand to make the engine reliable it puts it out of reach. A 7.3 would be great but a truck that old around here will likely have cancer. It's already hard to get a good ground on my 07 without a grinder. So I'm reading and looking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2013, 04:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Welcome to the site.
IMO $15k for a one ton diesel that is good to go is gonna be a tough find, unless you come down south. Id bet your gonna have to look around Texas or so.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Arizona looks promising too. Lots of diesel rigs out there with little or no rot. We have a place there and make it out a couple of times a year, will start shopping there too. We don't get down to Texas very often,usually take I40 east and west, but we did do the El Paso to eastern tip (Beaumont?) last February. Almost a full thousand miles of Texas!!
Old 11-05-2013, 12:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Welcome to the site.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

GOT ONE!!

with studs and an Edge CTS, not sure what else yet. Looks like no aftermarket oil cooler yet, and the stacks have to go for the camper to fit.
Attached Thumbnails
Want a Ford-img_0589.jpg  
Old 11-11-2013, 07:30 AM
Serving Our Country!

Congrats on the new rig. I hope it will last you a long long time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.