New from newfoundland, canada with a few pics - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Introductions This is the place that you introduce yourself

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2013, 11:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New from newfoundland, canada with a few pics

I just joined, I have an 05 f250, eclb, 6 speed, 6" rough country, 35" pro comp xtremes, afe intake, that's pretty well it. Joined here because im constantly roaming this site learning about my 6.0. lots of info here.

Little about myself. i'm 19, I work away to Labrador 4 weeks gone and 2 weeks home, my 2 weeks home is when I get to blow my money on the truck. I've had a 93 cummins, 02 duramax, and an 05 powerstroke. Out of all the powerstroke is definitely my favourite. Duramax was the fastest with the tunes and mods, but that will come with the ol powerjoke.

I just ordered an EGR delete kit, mine kicked the bucket a couple days ago.. now its the waiting game for it to get in. I ordered the River city diesel kit, and i'm getting the OEM oil cooler too. I was looking at external coolers but I cant justify $1500 for the kit, ill take the oem replacement for $300! but the egr cooler has to go. once that's done, eventually ill get at the 58v ficm. then head studs/gaskets and a sct. so heres my truck, and ill soon be starting a build thread for those who'd like to follow

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2013, 03:59 AM
RollinEarly05...now

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I gotta know more about the last pic you posted! It's easy to justify $2000 on a bulletproof diesel oil cooler when you plan on keeping the truck for a long time and have seen first hand some 6.0 powerstrokes clog oil cooler after oil cooler.... After oil cooler. Even if you did all the work yourself... The chiropractor isn't going to be cheap before getting the new oil cooler installed... I'd flush with chemicals, then flush the crap out of it with distilled water. Once it's all done, get a coolant filter in hopes to catch as much of the crap coming off the inside of the block as possible.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

Glad to have you - to the ORG!!

Good looking truck. Obviously, very capable.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks everyone! I found a coolant filter on the classifieds section here i'm going to go for. Started tearing down the truck today, all I really have left to remove is the turbo, then its the manifold. I got the exhaust band clamps off the turbo but I can only find one bolt, and supposedly theres 3... Should be fun
Old 10-15-2013, 09:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Welcome to the site
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.