Done with gassers - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Introductions This is the place that you introduce yourself

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Done with gassers

Hello,

After many headaches, and several thousand dollars worth of repairs for a truck that gets 10 mpg and sends <290 ft lbs to the rear wheels(not to mention the explosive, toxic solvent it carries around 26 gallons at a time), I have finally got'n schmart....

I do not own a SD or any diesel for that matter. YET!!!!! My goal, my last minute new years resolution, is to be one of the lucky few men to own so mighty a machine as a Ford Super Duty! And as my next new years resolution, be the head of a diesel-only household.

Diesel is awesome, and anyone who sees/revels in this awesomeness () is awesome too.

Until I actually own a Powerstroke, I will remain a ghost, learning all I can from the outside.

Just saying hello.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2013, 07:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
what gasser do you own?

i own both a powerstroke and a new 5.0L F150 and i love the F150.. i get a solid 18mpg city/highway...
Old 10-03-2013, 07:56 PM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
to the ORG

Be careful, these diesels get addicting!!!!

Don't be a "ghost", read up, ask questions, and soak up all the info you can. We have a great community here with some amazing members that are very willing to help.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:23 AM

Old 10-04-2013, 04:37 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
WELCOME to the ORG!!!

Once you own one you will be addicted. TRUST ME!
Old 10-04-2013, 05:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the welcome fellas. You guys all seem pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul@Stealth Automotive View Post
what gasser do you own?

i own both a powerstroke and a new 5.0L F150 and i love the F150.. i get a solid 18mpg city/highway...
I own a leveled 07 f150, 5.4 24v. Love that truck but its too much to maintain, too polluting, and too inefficient for me to be okay with it. Also, I'm at 95000 mi (bought it at 45) and Ive put a new tranny in it, I'm getting the 4wd rebuilt next week, just had the head cracked open to remove spark plugs, got voltage hopping around (none of the ford techs at two dealerships know why). Im taking the hint from God almighty...

I also own an 06 Ranger, 2.3 16v. I REALLY love this little anvil. Except for sway links, battery, brakes, rotors, and motor oil, everything on it is original at 160000 mi. Wears like iron, gets good mileage, does my sloppy work really well. Love it. Gonna put a 4bt or something in there by 2015. Needs a new tranny soon anyhow.

The 5.0 seems like a decent engine. 18 mpg is VERY GOOD for a v8, Im glad you like it. Those trucks are sharp. I love Fords, but the 5.4 is really not that great. Should have done my homework before purchase...

Last edited by Scott701; 10-04-2013 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention....
Old 10-04-2013, 09:42 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott701 View Post
Thanks for the welcome fellas. You guys all seem pretty cool.

I own a leveled 07 f150, 5.4 24v. Love that truck but its too much to maintain, too polluting, and too inefficient for me to be okay with it. Also, I'm at 95000 mi (bought it at 45) and Ive put a new tranny in it, I'm getting the 4wd rebuilt next week, just had the head cracked open to remove spark plugs, got voltage hopping around (none of the ford techs at two dealerships know why). Im taking the hint from God almighty...

I also own an 06 Ranger, 2.3 16v. I REALLY love this little anvil. Except for sway links, battery, brakes, rotors, and motor oil, everything on it is original at 160000 mi. Wears like iron, gets good mileage, does my sloppy work really well. Love it. Gonna put a 4bt or something in there by 2015. Needs a new tranny soon anyhow.

The 5.0 seems like a decent engine. 18 mpg is VERY GOOD for a v8, Im glad you like it. Those trucks are sharp. I love Fords, but the 5.4 is really not that great. Should have done my homework before purchase...
man i have never heard anyone having soo much trouble with their 5.4L... i also own a 2007 5.4L and have not had any problems with it... it has 145k on the clock right now....

you will def love a diesel though... what year are you looking to get?
Old 10-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I owned a Toyota 4runner for a long time then sold it and got a 2006 F250 6.0... then sold that cause it was too much truck at the time for what my family needed, worst mistake ever... bought an Fj Cruiser... less than two months later and being pissed I sold my diesel I went and bought another 2005 F250 6.0.... Couldnt be happier... I smile everyday I see my truck...

Your gonna love your diesel... put your own sweat and blood into it and youll love it even more!
Old 10-04-2013, 02:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'd like to get a 6.7. A brand new one... everything Ive read about the design of the engine, and the truck itself, I like. They seem like they were designed with regular maintenance in mind. The numbers seem good too, strong and hearty. I will have access to waste cooking oil as well, my Christmas present to myself this year-Im hoping-can be some biodiesel equipment. Im not looking to "whip it up", my goal is to, properly, make good quality fuel and run a mixture in my SD when I get it. I also want to sell it and make soap from the glycerin...

Ford claims the engine can run a max of 80/20 mixture...

**guy typing has no idea what he's talking about

One of the things Im hoping to learn is all the different ways to fuel a diesel and what the difference is between each of the fuels. Different thread, I know...
Old 10-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My wife wants a 4runner. Im trying to talk her into the 2014 (or 2015??) Grand Cherokee (the diesel one)...

But seriously, I can't wait to be on the diesel bandwagon. I got unlucky with my f150. I think it was made on Monday morning... or Friday night. Maybe the Monday following superbowl....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.