New Guy - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Introductions This is the place that you introduce yourself

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2013, 06:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New Guy

Hi there. Finally decided to find a Powerstroke Forum so here I am.
I've always been a Chevy guy for the most part. Then I got into the Diesel's with the Gen 1 cummins and then a gen 2 cummins. But Once the new body style Fords came out I had to have one. And with the New 6.7 that was supposed to save their diesel program I was sold. Im at around 7kmi and have added a BD 5th wheel to tow our 40' toy hauler. The truck did sag a bit until I instaled some helper bags and ever since its been a dream to tow with.

Unloaded its a bit rough and I was looking into the R4 tech rear suspension kit. Hoping to find some people with rear world experience with it here or other suggestions to soften the rid. My tires are at 65 psi. I may try 35/45.

Anyways no problems yet. I do have the sqeeling noise sometimes at idle when hot that I've been noticing. And the buzzing noise after shutting it down.

A month ago I was on the highway and noticed a different running condition. It was slight but I new something was going on and I saw it was doing a regen of the DPF. It didnt seem to be misfiring badly. Im not sure how I feel about the TSB i found on here about one cylinder head getting the Ex valves replaced. especialy since it doesnt pay well. I work at a dealer so I know how the less that glorious jobs can get pushed off onto less than glorious techs.

Anyways I'm glad to be a board and sorry for the long winded intro.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2013, 06:31 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Welcome to the site! I know of someone who installed the R4 setup and then regretted it. According to him, it was a constant harsh ride...

At least dropping your bags down will allow you to get some softness back. FWIW, I drop my bags to 0psi when I'm not towing. I know that Firestone says not to, but our suspension has enough spring to not fully compress the air bags even with a small load. I've been running them that way for probably 6 years and haven't noticed any issues with my bags.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Welcome to Powestroke.org.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:05 AM
American and Proud

welcome to the .org
Old 09-13-2013, 03:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Old 09-14-2013, 04:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks guys! Lots of good info around here. I usually run the 5 lbs Firestone states but today I emptied them out. I also dropped my tire pressure from 60psi.
I went to 50/45 and what a difference. At least it's a noticeable amount and that's huge in my book. I'm going to try 45/35 since the my side walls look unedfected by the pressure drop from 60.
Anyways eventually I want a few mods.
Hoping I can get in well with a tech over at the local Ford dealer. Doubt it will happen but its a nice pipe dream.
I'd like to start with an intake and exhaust but it seems even with the smallest mods it throws red flags warranty wise.
And then since I'm in Cali the DPF will stay and I'm inclined to say I may try the Banks automind. Not sure though. I'm a speed freak and the truck does have plenty of torque but I was almost pulled on by a duramax the other day and I can't have that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.