New diesel owner - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Introductions This is the place that you introduce yourself

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 12:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New diesel owner

Hello everyone!

Just picked up a 2012 F250XL with 23k miles, and what I'm guessing is an 8" lift. Already (mostly) blacked out exterior, bear bones interior.

This is not my first 4x4, my previous truck was an 06 Titan that had all the bolt ons and a custom tune, and ran like a raped ape. Actually sold it to my best friend so might have it back in the stable one day. Nissan allowed the T platform to stagnate too long, and although I think it's nice they're finally going to offer a (cummins) diesel option (relatively) soon, I have moved on to greener pastures.

After I sold my Titan, I got into an 04 procharged Focus SVT that was too fast for my own good. We finally moved into our new house, and were able to get into the F250 I've lusted over for awhile.

Plans are cosmetic only until the warranty runs out. I'm going to modify the interior, exterior, and AV system, but will wait to upgrade the power (tuner, intake, exhaust, full deletes, turbo upgrades, partial low-end rebuild) until after the warranty expires.

My questions for the more seasoned users/XL owners are:

Are there any easy interior upgrades (from XL to a better alternative)? The truck has already been upgraded to an aftermarket power window system, and I don't need power locks. I've also already sourced the AUX switch unit that goes next to the change holder. But any advice on specific interior pieces or features that are (relatively) inexpensive and easy to install would be greatly appreciated.

And I can't tell if it has a 6" or 8" lift, but it could obviously go with bigger tires. Am I going to sacrifice that much MPG by going with a few-inch bigger tire?

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions. I plan on creating specific threads in the appropriate subsections when I tackle each individual upgrade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2013, 02:38 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Welcome Aboard!
Congrats on the truck, she's looking good!
Old 09-03-2013, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

Glad to have you - to the ORG!!

Congrats on the truck!

A couple of places to check out here:
1. 6.7L 2011-?? Forums

2. The Texas Chapter - Lone Star Powerstrokes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.