Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Hi from Sacramento

627 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  SuperCrutyPS 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello org. Been lurcking a while. Bought a crazy 96 7.3 f250 last year, really crazy. Mid 13's with an open rear. Ran beautiful, great MPG and smelled of diesel and horse manure, all business. Driving home one day no load I slammed brakes for emergency stop, locked all 4 spun around and took out 2 cars and smashed the barrier wall. Total loss all the way around. No one was hurt however I was very shaken up and swore I would never drive a car without ABS.

Found my new 06 f250 Crew cab, longbed, lariat, fx4 monster. Very clean but 218k. New transmission and all new brakes and master. Some services done recently, injectors and EGR. Checked out fine, no issues delta 3-5 tops. Bought it for 12.5. Needed a bit a minor work, new tires, HVAC fan controller. Chasing a slightly loose front end yielded a new gear box, and then a hub unit. Steers like a car now. I have also added a coolant filter, changed coolant to Rotella ultra, changed fuel filters. Found the happy spot with stiction using t6 and rev-x.

Work thats pending is to change front and rear diffs, tcase, ps fluid.

Currently used to tow a 3 horse trailer through the mountains. Lovin the power. My f150 with a 5.4 was screamin in the hills with a 2 horse and gulpin down gas like crazy. A big that big with 4x4 and a trailer getting 14mpg is just amazing to me.

Sorry for flipped pic, cant fix, please turn your monitor upside down for accurate viewing.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
welcome to the org.
nice rig you got there.

#4 ·
#6 ·
:ORG welcome::)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.