finally found a 7.3 obs !!!! (pics) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Introductions This is the place that you introduce yourself

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 03:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
finally found a 7.3 obs !!!! (pics)

Howdy yall from South Texas

Ive been a long time gasser and late 70s ford bronco and truck fan and I decided the next step was diesel. Ive been scouring craigslist and other avenues for well over a year now seriously looking for a 7.3.
However, I was always suprised at how expensive these old trucks are here in Texas and banks do not like to value these trucks for much money so I had a heck of a time finding one in my price range.

long story...but I found it. and its clean and salvageable. Ill post the price later.

12/97 production date. cc longbed 4x4, 237,500 miles, engine, drivetrain and interior unmolested except an alarm system that appears to be installed by ford since under the steering column there are a few relays that dont look original but DO have ford ovals on them.

I found the original window sticker in the glove box

BEFORE:

after

barring the transmission going out immediately, I think I scored a really awesome deal. I paid $5,000 for it. Im so excited about this beast.

Im going to be in the obs section mostly and I have plenty of questions for you guys as this IS my first diesel and the newest truck Ive ever purchased, Im 33 years old btw.

look forward to yalls comments and advice, because I sure could use it.

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2013, 06:11 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nice score, real clean looking!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:18 PM

Nice truck gotta love white I had a obs 95 cclb dually and loved it you have a good starting point now time for some mods

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 06-03-2013, 06:22 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 579 View Post
Howdy yall from South Texas

Ive been a long time gasser and late 70s ford bronco and truck fan and I decided the next step was diesel. Ive been scouring craigslist and other avenues for well over a year now seriously looking for a 7.3.
However, I was always suprised at how expensive these old trucks are here in Texas and banks do not like to value these trucks for much money so I had a heck of a time finding one in my price range.

long story...but I found it. and its clean and salvageable. Ill post the price later.

12/97 production date. cc longbed 4x4, 237,500 miles, engine, drivetrain and interior unmolested except an alarm system that appears to be installed by ford since under the steering column there are a few relays that dont look original but DO have ford ovals on them.

I found the original window sticker in the glove box

BEFORE:

after

barring the transmission going out immediately, I think I scored a really awesome deal. I paid $5,000 for it. Im so excited about this beast.

Im going to be in the obs section mostly and I have plenty of questions for you guys as this IS my first diesel and the newest truck Ive ever purchased, Im 33 years old btw.

look forward to yalls comments and advice, because I sure could use it.

thanks!
Unbelievable score. Even putting a $3800 trans in her, you are still way under the average price i have seen.
I think the most important Mod you can do, replace the missing ashtray.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:26 PM
Premium Member

Love the truck. Just better not try and turn around in anything less than a 10 acre field. Lmfao!

Really sharp truck. Reminds me of the red one in the movie Son-in-law with Paulie shore. I've loved the super long look since that movie.

Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the org. I'm still a newbie myself and these guys have already saved me a ton and have answered every question I could have thought of.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 06-03-2013, 06:26 PM

I am probly wrong its kinda hard to see on my phone but does the first line under function say 5.8 efi motor?

Old 06-03-2013, 06:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Howdy from piney woods of East TX.

Nice looking crew cab.

I had 73 Bronco all thru high school
Old 06-03-2013, 06:29 PM

[QUOTE=nohsp4u;5498410]Unbelievable score. Even putting a $3800 trans in her, you are still way under the average price i have seen.
I think the most important Mod you can do, replace the missing ashtray. [/QUOTE

LMAO !!

I do have the ashtray but the little plastic rails it sits on are toast. need to hit a junkyard up.

And about the tranny: Those are my thoughts exactly. a big bad rebuild would still put me under what these suckers are going for.

here in south texas the jumping off price point is $7500 and thats a truck with over 300k miles......
Old 06-03-2013, 06:35 PM
Premium Member

Damn, i don't feel so ripped off now. I got my for $12k with 132k miles, 20k trans rebuild, new PCM, New fuel pump and Banks innercooler, turbo and exhaust. It is not a nice white like yours but, the green is growing on me.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdoxa View Post
I am probly wrong its kinda hard to see on my phone but does the first line under function say 5.8 efi motor?

look further to the right.

these are the options the original owner upgraded to......
trailer package
4:10s with camper package, limited slip.
off road package ect.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.