Been getting on this site since 2010, just became a member yesterday - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Introductions This is the place that you introduce yourself

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2013, 09:02 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Been getting on this site since 2010, just became a member yesterday

I don't know why it took so long to join, never had anything to say i guess. I bought a 2004 6.0 from my uncle in January 2010. First diesel Ive ever driven, fell in love immediately. It hasnt had much done to it, though Ive wanted to. I didn't do very many upgrades because i was still paying my uncle off and it didn't seem right for some reason to fix it up before paying it off. I finally paid it completely off last January and Ive been saving up, here in the next few weeks Ill be finally starting my path to diesel power! Ill share the progress of the truck with yall if anyone is interested. I love seeing people upgrade their rigs. Anyway, nice to finally be a member, from all the post Ive seen there are good guys here.
Attached Thumbnails
Been getting on this site since 2010, just became a member yesterday-5-27-13-141.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2013, 09:38 AM

Also, any recommendations about performance upgrades are welcome. The truck has an EGR delete and SCT tuning already.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:27 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews

There is PLENTY of knowledge about making power with the 6.0. First things first is you NEED a monitor if you don't have one already. Edge Insight CS/CTS or Scangauge II or Dashboss, etc. What kind of goals do you have in mind for a power level? Beyond tuning if your still on OEM TTY head bolts I would hold off on any serious power modifications until you get the truck studded with new OEM head gaskets. Where are you located at? Other members local to you might be able to recommend a shop or lend a hand if you started tearing into it yourself.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:45 AM

Thanks for the welcome. I haven't studded it, but I definitely plan to in the near future. I sort of have an idea of how I want to build the truck, I just have a bad case of changing my mind all the time. I have a set of glowshift gauges right now but I want to get a livewire. I'm not completely new to diesel performance, I spent a summer working on 7.3-6.4 fords for a local company. I just know that there is a lot to learn and am always open to suggestions. Btw, your truck has a good and unique look.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:55 AM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
to the ORG

Bryan covered the basics. Get involved with others here and you will find answers to probably everything you could imagine. Most of the members here are very knowledgeable and happy to share their experiences and advice.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake18 View Post
to the ORG

Bryan covered the basics. Get involved with others here and you will find answers to probably everything you could imagine. Most of the members here are very knowledgeable and happy to share their experiences and advice.
Thanks for the welcome. This site has been incredibly useful. The very first problem I had with the truck was the belt tensioner and this site helped me figure it out. Also, how do you like that stack? I'm torn between 7 inch stacks and a straight pipe.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:38 PM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBandy View Post
Thanks for the welcome. This site has been incredibly useful. The very first problem I had with the truck was the belt tensioner and this site helped me figure it out. Also, how do you like that stack? I'm torn between 7 inch stacks and a straight pipe.
I know exactly what you are saying, this site has helped me save thousands of dollars diagnosing and fixing my truck myself. It's a great site for sure!!

I LOVE my stack!! I run it straight piped and haven't gotten tired of it at all.

Here's a video of me running down the strip, you can kinda hear what it sounds like.

Last edited by Rattlesnake18; 05-27-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
I know exactly what you are saying, this site has helped me save thousands of dollars diagnosing and fixing my truck myself. It's a great site for sure!!

I LOVE my stack!! I run it straight piped and haven't gotten tired of it at all.

Here's a video of me running down the strip, you can kinda hear what it sounds like.

6.0 vs 6.4 - YouTube
Nice run! I love that sound too. I know that I want the sound of stacks, I'm just not sure how it'll look on my truck. I want black 7" dual mitres. By the time I get them the truck will be leveled and sitting on 35's.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:18 PM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBandy View Post
Nice run! I love that sound too. I know that I want the sound of stacks, I'm just not sure how it'll look on my truck. I want black 7" dual mitres. By the time I get them the truck will be leveled and sitting on 35's.
For me personally, I only like duals on fat bottoms and singles on SRW trucks. I think a 7" mitre would look good, especially with the color of your truck, the paint matched bumpers, and grill guard. Are you going to get different wheels for the 35s?
Old 05-27-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
For me personally, I only like duals on fat bottoms and singles on SRW trucks. I think a 7" mitre would look good, especially with the color of your truck, the paint matched bumpers, and grill guard. Are you going to get different wheels for the 35s?
I'm planning on BMF novakanes on nitto trails. I used to think it was duals or nothing as far as stacks go, but lately I've been so interested in a single stack. It's a decision that I'll most likely lose sleep over, haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.